Paypal and the best GAteways to use

Gday Guys

There has been a lot of talk about paypal lately.

Just seeing if this is right and a couple of questions

Paypal standard i

s the paypal where you need to be registered with paypal and then you can pay.

Paypal express checkout

transfers you to the paypal site where you can enter you CC details for payment. This is like paymate.com.au we are using at the moment for sales, but customers are off site and have a long process to enter.

QUestion about Paypal pro and direct credit.

Is this the system where the customer never leaves your website to make payments. A credit card screen etc. pops up using SSL

Any one got a site to view this in practice.

Also the paypal pro was only available in the US to startwith I think. Any one know what other contries can use it now and is Australia in the system.

We are looking for a credit card processing company online to process payments and direct deposit them to our account with out having a merchant account. your own SSL.

Paymate does this but the customer is taken off site. We are currently using paymate for CC and paypal for registered Paypal users.

Mals Ecommerce also does this but just stores the CC Details for you to process later.

We would be paying up to $30.00 a month for the service but want a simple CC payment process for the customer using there SSL encription.

Whats the best and cheapest payment gateways you other guys use.

Guest Denver Dave

Paypal standard i

s the paypal where you need to be registered with paypal and then you can pay.

Paypal express checkout

transfers you to the paypal site where you can enter you CC details for payment. This is like paymate.com.au we are using at the moment for sales, but customers are off site and have a long process to enter.

I'm not sure about the terms, but I believe that for one-time purchases that the customer no longer has to join paypal - they can just pay by credit card.

Guest jeromas

Denver Dave is right - you do not have to join PayPal to make a payment by CC, but are transferred to their site if you are using Express Pay or IPN.

I have PayPal direct working on my site if you want to see what the form looks like for entering credit cards. The only thing I have done to it is to mod the 'State' entry box to allow no more than two characters, though I'm going to add a little more to it later.

Site is http://www.gaminggraveyard.com