Set up queries

I'm currently trying out a special edition .NET version 3.0.3. I have a couple of queries before I commit this product (which I ahve to say has impressed me so far - easy set up etc.

Q1 - Is there any way to disable customer registration? I'm not sure if our customers eally want to ergister before they buy.

Q2 - Once registered, I assume I can remove the CubeCart logo etc easily?

Q3 - Woudl Ibe correct in thinking in this special edition, unless I use the supplied "Classic" skin, no-one can see my store?

Any help or advice much appreciated - quite impressed so far with this. ;)

Guest sunshine

I'm currently trying out a special edition .NET version 3.0.3. I have a couple of queries before I commit this product (which I ahve to say has impressed me so far - easy set up etc.

Q1 - Is there any way to disable customer registration? I'm not sure if our customers eally want to ergister before they buy.

Q3 - Woudl Ibe correct in thinking in this special edition, unless I use the supplied "Classic" skin, no-one can see my store?

Any help or advice much appreciated - quite impressed so far with this. ;)

Hi Joffan,

Q1 Diabling the Registeration would not necessarily be to your benefit; at least in the long run. I agree it can be tweaked a little but let's say you have a problem with delivering the goods. How will you be able to contact them? Or, if there is a payment, shipping issue or even a legal issue. You at least have some sort of data. This can be pain but well worth it I think for the potential problems it could cause without it.

Q2 When you purcahse, you have the option of removing the 'Poweed by' and well as 'copyright' below.

Q3 ???? Don't follow your question there.

Guest EverythingWeb

Joffan,

In answer to your queries:

At the minute there isn't this option available, although a lot of people have mentioned it. Im sure one of the modders, oreven Brooky (the developer) will be milling the thought over. Maybe it will be the big feature addition in future releases, however nothing is official. if you are desperate, scoot over to the Request a Mod section and request a price from a Modder.

Yes & No. You can only remove the CubeCart logo, however all the copyright notices 'Powered by CubeCart' have to remain unless a license is purchased. There are many tutorials and posts on the forum in relation to changing the design.

I believe the version Brooky sent to .Net was a time-expiring version (trial) however I could be wrong. If in doubt, download the new, latest version from cubecart.com and re-install it. using a particular skin shouldn't render the store un-viewable.

Hope this helps.

Guest sunshine

only the coolest cats can blend interesting updates with stunning design. The growing awareness of this has set tails twitching across the web and on this issue's disc you'll find a complete blogger's toolkit to help you create an online weblog that's the cat's meow (or the dog's...ahem!).

Stuck for inspiration? Check out our superb selection of StockedPhotos imagery or put your own phlog together with the full version of MyPhoto. We've also got special versions of CubeCart and e-Campaign for you to try out as well as some exclusive PayPal templates that'll help you to get visitors buying from your site in minutes.only the coolest cats can blend interesting updates with stunning design. The growing awareness of this has set tails twitching across the web and on this issue's disc you'll find a complete blogger's toolkit to help you create an online weblog that's the cat's meow (or the dog's...ahem!).

Stuck for inspiration? Check out our superb selection of StockedPhotos imagery or put your own phlog together with the full version of MyPhoto. We've also got special versions of CubeCart and e-Campaign for you to try out as well as some exclusive PayPal templates that'll help you to get visitors buying from your site in minutes.

EDIT: Joffan, yo have something on that disk we don't have? ;)

Now that is cool writing there!

Guest EverythingWeb

sunshine beat me to the initial response, however theres a few more pages to read just yet.

http://www.cubecart.com/site/support/index...=&mod_id=2&id=4

The Support Departments 'Knowledge Base' is a very helpful part of the site, which unfortuanately doesn't get the people using it as it should. The one linked to above walks you through changing the default Logo.

http://www.cubecart.com/site/support/index...=&mod_id=2&id=2

When you've mastered the first one, why not try 'Changing the complete look of CubeCart' by following the thread just above.

Anyway, hope this gives you some clear, concise information to go on.

CubeCart is a great piece of software, and will continually improve.

Have Fun!

Guest EverythingWeb

sunshine,

There is nothing 'special' about the version sent with the .Net magazine - don't worry.

That will be .Net's marketing speak that you've picked up (although ... ahem....badly written)

As I said above, I believe the package that went to .Net was actually a trial version.

Thanks all for your (very) quick responses....

Actually as I typed the NET bit and sent it, I though, hmm, hope no one thinks I meant a MS .NET version..!!! ;) Yes, its a freebie special on the .NET web designer magazine, due to expire in March 2006, so lots of time to try it out etc. That said, what I've seen already makes me think it's an ok product!

Had a rethink about the registration bit, I think I viewed it originally as "register before you could do anything", but I see it's really a pre-order information sheet, so no problem there - I think normally I would have expected to see that at the time of placing the order, not before. I know now it's not an issue.

The "Classic" skin bit - if I change the skin to Legend or Killer and then update site, no page is displayed when you try to view it. Not a problem, but would liek to use mopre white space (that said, there's masses of it..!)

Anyway, again many thanks for your quick reponses and advice. ;)

Guest EverythingWeb

The skin issue sounds like that maybe the Legend & Killer skins haven't been loaded up properly.

I, personally, would download the latest version package from here:

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index.php?download=222

and, as long as you haven't done too much, re-work it. You will probably find that if the .Net version is not 3.0.4, you will need to upgrade to cover the recent security issue found, which has been sorted in 3.0.4.

Hope this helps.