HELP

THe person who built my site manually put the site in. THis is what I get now when trying to place an order. My paypal works I get the money but I have no clue what anyone is ordering.

Every option must have a value!

Please try again!

I am not very good at any of this computer stuff and trusted someone. I know have a new person that set up my site.

Any help would be great.

thanks

nancy

www.mylittlecakes.com

ID#0503604

Guest vrakas

1st you are in the wrong forum

Powered by CubeCart 2.0.7

try in CubeCartâ„¢ Version 2.

2nd Its not even registered (If you paid for this at least get it registered)

3rd Stop shouting (CAPS) :w00t:

4th Welcome :D

First of all who was using CAPS (that is caps) not this that I am writing now.

Second. Sorry but this if my first time posting and you are very rude to to tell me this is not where it belongs.

3rd - thank you for the welcome :(

Guest vrakas

I dont know how you manage this but your fonts are huge, unless its only me but i dont think so, as jbdancer also noticed that.

You are using CC2 and there is a section specially for CC2.

Check this link :(

Do you now see that it doesn't belong here ;)

If this was considered rude ..... then ... no comment, its your opinion and you are entitled to it :)

Guest angelmist6

Hi Nancy,

I just registered so that we can find out what is going on here with this cart. from what I just read here. your last host put in an illegal version of this cart am I correct?

I just went to the other link that these nice wonderful people posted BTW Thanks maybe I can get answers there to help her. We just found out this morning when setting her site up that this cart was manually put in and not downloaded.

I can only imagine how many other clients the other host has that has unregisterd copies of this.

BTW those are not caps the font size is large and looking at this message board you can adjust the size of the font. To small , large and largest.

Like this just wanted to clear that one up. Folks.

2nd I would like to say i cannot believe how rude you were when a customer was asking for help and your expertise. she had no clue this was the wrong forum. Is this the type of Customer service you deliver If so I am not sure I would want to use Cube cart at all.

Would it not have been better to say you can ask your questions here, You have posted in the wong forum and please make your font size smaller.

i can understand that you sometimes have post not go where they are suppose to or not be correct but Geez Guys do you have to be so Ugly to someone who is trying to figure out what is going on?

This isnt her fault she didnt ask for it to be unregisterd nor did she ask to be treated so rudely. and you were rude. She was only trying to find out what was going on. In fact after reading your comments I may just ask her to use another cart and not register the one she has or upgrade it or install a new one. I would hate to have to deal with you people on a daily basis. if this is the type of customer service you provide you can definatly keep it! :(

Have a wonderful day and I will help her find help else where or a new cart and believe me I will also spread the word on how rude and awerful the cutomer service is here. Not my cup of tea!

Angelmist

Guest jeromas

First, Angelmist, let's clear up one thing: The customer service you are referring to are other users of CubeCart just like mylittlecakes who may have more experience in terms of using the cart and overall programming/web development skills, so don't associate your perception of poor customer service with cart itself -- it's people like you and I who do the bulk of the support, for free, on our time.

Second, you can't imagine how much time the people here spend answering the same questions over and over again, developing mods, and helping people troubleshoot their cart set-ups. That support is all free, and nothing is typically asked in return, except for courteous and well-worded requests for help, even if not very specific.

Why mylittlecakes posts are excuseable (lack of computer knowledge), your's really don't need to be posted on the board. If you have an issue with someone, PM them and deal with it that way, as this is a support forum, not a flames forum, and your post would indeed be considered inflammatory.

Friends...why not start over?

A panick stricken newbee made a few mistakes. Some tired veterans over reacted a bit.

It's the end of a long week. Many of us are trying desparately to sort out issues with version 3. And a new person is completely helpless and can use your expertise. :)

Let's be friends. Everybody on this board is super helpful. Let's be a bit kinder to the flustered newbees?

Now let's try to help our panicked friend.

And lets try to keep the font size down too.:(

What do you say?

;)

Guest Denver Dave

Starting over.

Probably unrelated to the actual question, but similar to one that I have had in the past. When using Paypal to collect an order of several items (in my example, not even a shopping cart), is it possible to flow a list of itens through paypal as a comment or message field and have it included with the paypal information available to the merchant?

Guest sunshine

Mylittlecakes,

Your font in is large. maybe you rarely post, if it at all so you might not understand that it interprets as loud. Couple that with the form of your statement in the post and it does not necessarily imply a request for help. You did that twice.

The configuration, that's a problem there and I don't blame you for being frustrated. Did you pay the person to set it up for you? There are a lot of files and it does happen that some or even just file does not get transferred. This can be fixed somehow and with some help here. But really, if this person was paid, did you discuss it with him/her? It would be decent business practice for them to come to the boards here and try and rectify your problem.

I'd say try posing your questions and give more specifics in CC2 post. The reason is because CC2 and CC3 are different from one another and one bit of advice for one version may be wrong for the other. Lastly, if you purchase a license, it can take a day or so to get squared away but if you have concerns there, or with the validity of the license, then input a support ticket to Brooky.

Angelmist6,

Vrakaws posted 1/2 before you so I'm sure you had a chance to read his post before you wrote yours. You don't make much sense in your post as it's not focused on the matter at hand. Mylittlecakes had someone install this for her and it's not working right. If she paid for the service, would it not seem reasonable that the contracted person make an effort to post here and rectify the problem? I see questions posed by many people who isntall this cart for their clients all the time.

I just registered so that we can find out what is going on here with this cart.

You wrote this one sentence showing concern for her cart and wrote 15others that were irrelevant.

from what I just read here. your last host put in an illegal version of this cart am I correct?

Cubecart is free for use if the copyright remains. To remove the copyright, the license needs to be paid for. I can't say this is tru or not but in making a statement like that without due cause/proof can be grounds for suing under a number of ways with the most basic being defamation of character. Hopefully you can back that up if need be. And on the other side, as a businessman, I can only assume Brooky will not hesitate to prosecute to full extent.

Guest vrakas

@angelmist6

When a client of mine pays for CC i always register it. (Reasons were explained)

When joining a forum i always have a look around ... first and then search for what i am looking for.

When someone is "rude" to me i try to see why he/she was.(obviously the huge fonts and CAps are not for others).

When they reply to my post i read it and try to follow the instructions.

I dont confuse the posters/users with the administration.

I dont have any more comments and i wish you both good luck.

Thanks guys for explaining a few things as when i replyed it was after midnight and sleep was in order. :(

These are my personal opinions.

Guest EverythingWeb

Hello Guys & Girls,

This thread has gone seriously off topic, from the original post. Thank you everyone for your comments.

The support forums here, are designed for peer-to-peer, community based support for the users of CubeCart. These users string from being Store Managers, Store Administrators, Newbie's to Web Design/Programming, Web Designers, Web Programmers, Modders & Developers.

We all have to remember that there is a wide range of people on this board, and sometimes questions asked have been asked before in the forum.

I urge everyone to use the Search facility on the forums, and narrow your search down to the particular version you are running. 95% of the time, the threads will get moved to the correct category, so you can be pretty sure that you are searching through the correct list of threads.

As I write this, in total our 35,652 members have posted a total of 54,523 posts. Thats a HUGE facility available for everyone to search through.

What also is very helpful, are good, descriptive thread titles. A lot of members just scan through a list of threads, looking for ones which are of interest or catch their eye. A well written thread title is more likely to receive a quicker and more experienced reply, which helps everybody.

I know a lot of people do get frustrated with the lack of Documentation for CubeCart Version3 (not to do with this particular thread, but important to mention anyhow) however Brooky, has worked full-time on the CubeCart programming, plus attending to the gernal duties of running a business. I think we all need to realise what we are part of here - this piece of software is going to be huge! And believe me, the documentation is coming. Just, like everything else, it takes time.

I'm sure 99% of you would agree you would rather Brooky concentrated on a stable releases and feature requests, and let the Community (ie: The actual primary users of CC) build the knowledge base and documentation and help each other with the day-to-day problems they may face.

Now, I think it is probably time to close this thread, however hopefully the comments made above will help you understand that this thread did a U-turn on its original topic, a topic which, yes, in all honesty should have been in the V2 category. But hey - we all make mistakes in life. Its part of being the way we are. If we never made mistakes - what would we learn?

(If anyone has any issues or comments arising from the above post, please contact me via PM, where I will be more than happy to discuss further)

Kindest Regards,

William