homepage editable text cannot be updated

Guest arnoldboy

Guest arnoldboy

hi guys

we are trying to change and edit the homepage text through the richtext editor in the cubecart 3.0.4 admin section ....

we type in our own welcome message and click update... but it does NOT update.. we always get the default "successful install" message when we reload the page...

this is only the case with the homepage "editable text" .... for the other pages like about us, contact, etc. . we can update the content with no problem at all through the admin section ...

why wont the system accept the edited homepage text? :( we always get the default message (below pasted) displayed in our homepage:

----

Welcome to CubeCart

Congratulations. You have successfully installed CubeCart.

This message can be edited using the Rich HTML Text Editor and you can add vibrant content to help sell your products.

Please remember that there is a license fee to pay to remove or edit our copyright notices.

----

please advise :)

thanks guys...

arnold

Guest artwork

I was having this similar problem and this is what I did to fix:

I change the file permissions for the 'home.inc.php' file to 777.

You can find the file in your file manager here

/ public_html / *your store* / language / en /

Go to the upper right select 'change permissions' and enter 777

Be sure to change it back after you edit it.

Hope this works...

Guest SHOGUN

I also had the same problem. I just need to know where I have to go in order to change it.

CuteFTP 7.0 Pro won't allow me to change it, it gives me an error saying that it needs to close evry time I try to check into the en properties and change it.

_EDIT_

CuteFTP File Tranfer Application has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are Sorry for the inconvenience.

_EDIT_

I finally got it to work. But I don't see any options about the CHMOD when I go to permission.

Then it sounds like your cuteftp is having a problem. Works perfectly in mine. You might try uninstalling and reinstalling cuteftp or try using a different ftp program to do it.

Guest vrakas

You are right about the site, it is down. :w00t:

Try these links Link 1 Link 2

It seems for security reasons but i dont know the exact reason.

If the people that made it say you should then i follow instructions :wacko:

They know better :)

Guest SHOGUN

I found out the problem, for some reason when I try to switch it back to 644 it doesn't go back, in fact it turns into 744, and completely messes up my shop. So I have to leave it at 777.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest giftgal

Here's what worked for me:

1. Just headed here like mentioned above:

--------------

You can find the file in your file manager here

/ public_html / *your store* / language / en /

---------------------

2. Didn't mess with any permissions at all. Did nothing here. Left all as is.

3. Click on the home.inc.php file and click "Edit" in the right column of your cpanel.

BEFORE you do anything else -- -- run your mous over everything on that page and copy it and SAVE it somewhere where you can find it (start a folder just for this project). Save it it text format (put it in the body of an email, if nothing else).

This is your back up - -and yes, you will probably need it while you're learning.

4. Then SLOWLY learn how to edit this .php page. It's NOT like HTML. There are question marks, open brackets, etc. in comparison - -a whole new language.

So go SLOW - -saving and looking at your results in a new window each step of the way.

5. Screw up? Reload your backup from #3 above and start all over.