Handling fee for Digital goods

Hello all...

As soon as a product is selcted as 'digital' all the shipping options r disabled.

But i would like to charge handeling fee on the digital goods (under 'Per Item' configuration).

plz help.

Thanx.

Don't take this wrong, but are you serious? If you want to make more money, raise your prices, don't tack on some bogus "handling fee" for digital stuff. You will run off customers FAST!

There are far too many places on the net who have "GREAT" prices but extreme shipping prices to compensate. They are hated by all and don't get that much repeat business. You make your money on your products, not on "shipping and handling".

Guest vrakas

If i am wrong please correct me.

Digital downloads are directly downloaded and no shipping, postages and handling are involved. Correct? :whistle:

I think this is a legitimate question. There is time involved in sending an item, and some areas do not charge tax for handling, but they do for digital software. There are many reasons besides greed!

Well

Actually i have an agreement with record label to sell albums for certain amount.

But ripping the albums+scanning the covers+artists autograph+bandwidth..

Some1 has to be paid for that.

So we had an agreement to place a minimal handelling fee.

But as u said right now i am putting the price as product+handelling..

But for long run i wish to take handelling fee out of the actual product price.

So anyway can shade light on this matter now?

Thanx

Guest grafixster

In accordance to the original post, it would be nice to have a 'fee' oriented field when choosing digital.

To the first responce, yea - most folks would probably be annoyed that there's a handling charge in addition to the cost but in some cases, it would be acceptable. Kinda like domain registration. Godaddy charges $x and then tacks on a .25 fee for ICANN (I think it's ICANN anyway). End result = cheaper domains where others tack on the fee's to the product price. Godaddy is obviously doing well.

Another scenario would be fees due to record lables, artists or whatever..

In any event, tacking on a fee lets the digital product remain at a low cost and lets the consumer understand (with good description) what the deal is.

Guest SHOGUN

You can alter your layout, maybe you don't want to label it as "tax" but rather what the money is actually going to. So people get a better understanding.