Can I remove the cart functionality?

Hi All,

I know this sounds odd, but I'de like to remove the cart functionality altogether. I want to use 3.0 for a user log in and sell no items at all. Can this be done where even photo options wont show up or buy buttons on product pages? I just want verbage to appear on product pages.

Kinda like a regular site with no shopping cart.

Gina

Uhh....why?

There are literally dozens of Content Management Systems out there which do a great job. Why not start with one of those rather than purposefully cripple a shopping cart app?

You might as well go to the car dealer and say, "Ok, I'll take this one, but can you take out the engine and take the tires off? I don't really want to drive it, I just love the way it looks and how nice the interior is."

If you must know. I've been with cubecart for quite sometime. I'm patching 2 sites together. 1 has the cart fully functional, the other does not and is not part of the sales of the first site it's used soley for OEM login purposes for OEM information pages. But to keep both sites looking like they're not 2 totally seperate sites (but all part of the original site), I need them to look exactly the same. Thus an outside content management site would not fit the bill.

btw, thanks for the sarcasm. Can anyone give me a serious answer please?

That makes sense now that you took the time to explain it. I'd think a few extra seconds explaining yourself in your first post would have prevented a reply like mine. Because trust me, if I hadn't said it, SOMEBODY would have.

With that said, you could easily do something custom using the same style sheets for both sites. That would retain the look/feel without having to deal with disabling features of CC. But I suppose you could spend some time deleting the things you don't want in the template files and make it do what you inquire about.

Regardless, when you get finished, please post both sites so others will have more ideas of how to incorporate CubeCart better into their sites.

Guest vrakas

To remove the Cart and anything to do with the cart look in this link.

This was posted by my friend EvilHomeR

Online Catalogue

I must say i use it all the time for clients of mine as some sell cars, houses that they dont fit in the cart lol :whistle: (Just joking about the fit in the cart)

PS: what is btw? i keep seeing this and dont know what it means */*

Guest vrakas

@sunshine

another code broken btw LOL :whistle:

I name it online catalogue as its a catalogue sometimes with prices and sometimes none but if i get a client with paintings it will become A Gallery View. B)

Thanks for the suggestion, appreciated and noted */*

I just found this code on one of my pages after the adjustments:

Warning: Division by zero in /home/inkonth/public_html/ink/classes/db.inc.php on line 112

any idea what I can do about that?

I guess what I meant was, how do I remove it from the web page it pops up on? It's up at the very top, and the body of the that page is not centered anymore but off to the left instead. :(

Gina, could we have a url to the site and see what you mean? :(

In any case here it is:

Remember to back up before you perform this.

Go to skins/yourskin/styleTemplates/content/viewCat.tpl

open and remove this line.

<a href="index.php?act=viewProd&amp;productId={PRODUCT_ID}" target="_self" class="txtButton">{BTN_MORE}</a></form>

This will remove the more button. :)