Paypal Help

Guest dunkirk

Guest dunkirk

Hi, Using cube cart Version 3.0.2 getting a few errors with paypal,

1, Once order is set and goes to paypal to pay the shipping cost does not show on paypal???

2.When payments have been made the order status on cube cart shows as pending even though payment has been received.

Any ideas pls help.

Thanks

Guest sunshine

Hi Dunkirk,

For 3.02 I can't answer your first question but for the 2nd regarding 'pending' this is the norm. Regardless of whether a customer has paid, the transaction is not considered complete until you change the status within admin. My guess is because it can be less confusing in the administrtive process and will decrease confusion in what has/has not processed.

sunshine, that is true unless you're using IPN / PDT. With that setup through PayPal, it will automatically set the status to processing rather than pending. If you're selling digital products, it will e-mail the customer a download link as well. But be advised this code is broken out of the box, you have to patch a couple of files for this to work properly. There's a 4 page thread that I started regarding this. :w00t: