New gift store, feedback appreciated

Guest bennyuk

Guest bennyuk

I built this site for a friend, just launched it. Has my own versions of multiple product images, random rotating banner, and a protx gateway (thanks to booker :wacko: ).

This is version 1 of Aztec International with very simple layout and design. 400+ products so far, another 400 still to add...

I'm going to try and give it a graphical design "boost" to give it a bit of extra appeal, but am not sure how far to go. If anyone has a suggestion on which part I should focus on first to "improve appeal" I'd appreciate it. I find that when I've looked at a site for too long I struggle to be objective :w00t: .

Guest bennyuk

Thanks for the feedback, muchly appreciated.

I've reduced credit card size now.

And for "agent", most of our shoppers are from the US, so feel free to grab a bargain :lol: .

I think I should make the countries delivered to a bit clearer on the home page.

Thanks again.

Guest sunshine

lol I just now realized you typed 'Warning some erotica' didn't see that when I looked at your item. Anyway, the credit cards sizes look very good. Where are you based? Yeah, that's an idea, 'We ship everywere' gif. Good work Benny.

Looks good! A little "crammed" though on the index page, might want to adjust your padding slightly, but overall looks nice. How did you get the header image to rotate? That was an interesting touch!

Jen

Guest dudestore

Beautiful job, Benny! The rotating header images add a touch of "amazement" to go with the class. Well designed.

I'm curious as to which version of CubeCart you modified?

CC 2

I saw a few images (Donald Duck and a few others) in the rotating banner that may be copyright violations. Disney is highly jealous of its franchise and has a history of going to law without much advance warning.

Also, I don't agree with building a hi-resolution page when there are still hundreds of millions of people with money to spend who have their screens set for 800 by 600. The forced left-to-right scroll is well known as a session killer.

Otherwise, it's a nice clean design, but a bit cramped. Have you considered removing the right hand column of boxes? While they are sometimes useful, I think they are often expendable. To retain them just because they are available is not much in the way of justification.

I saw a few images (Donald Duck and a few others) in the rotating banner that may be copyright violations. Disney is highly jealous of its franchise and has a history of going to law without much advance warning.

He must have taken them out, because I don't see them there anymore........but, if the images are/were copyrighted Disney artwork, then you have a point, but if they were images of the product he is selling, as most of the other images in the rotating header appear to be, then there should be no copyright problems, as they are images of the product.

If you're selling the product, you should be able to use images of it.......yes?

Or am I just being logical here?

Jen...if you're intertested in finding out how the rotating header is done, drop me a line. I can help you there...its not that hard.

Ah.....well...as I said, he looks to have taken it out, so I didn't see what it was originally.

If it was a composed graphic, then i suspect you are probably right.

Guest bennyuk

I am loving the feedbak, million thanks to all... :rolleyes:

jerseyjoe

as Phantom_Menace said, ALL images on the site are product images, even the header images, so copyright is not an issue. Thanks for bringing it up though, it is a good point worth remembering.

Phantom_Menace

Ah.....well...as I said, he looks to have taken it out, so I didn't see what it was originally.

If it was a composed graphic, then i suspect you are probably right.

The header images are all product images, and the random rotating banners mean that you won't always see the same images (that's the random rotating banner thing that does that :lol: )

back to jerseyjoe

Also, I don't agree with building a hi-resolution page when there are still hundreds of millions of people with money to spend who have their screens set for 800 by 600. The forced left-to-right scroll is well known as a session killer.

You are so right, I am going to have to change this, I'm just not sure on how exactly I'm goin to change it as their are a few options. The site does seem cramped, thanks for spotting it.

More work to do (as if it ever ends!)