Shipping not passing to Paypal.

Can someone tell me if this is meant to be fixed in 3.0.4 ?

I've tried a fresh install and still do not get shipping passed to Paypal. (Using Flat Rate shipping)

The Paypal total fix pinned above looks like it applies to 3.0.3 and the line quoted for deletion does not seem to be in the 3.0.4 files.

Can someone please let me know ?????

Can someone PLEASE tell me if I've missed something or if this is a bug in V3 ?

I've searched the forums and can't find any fixes (that work), the last time I asked this question the thread was removed. What is the problem ? if it's a bug, I just need to kow. if it's something I've done, I would like to know that too ;-)

I'm not doing anything complex, per order flat rate shipping, payment by Paypal, but the shipping cost does not transfer to paypal.

Don't give up after less than 12 hours. There is bound to be somebody who's seen the same problem you're having and found a fix.

If you don't have an answer by tomorrow, I'll setup shipping on my site and find you an answer. Just don't be so impatient. :dizzy:

EDIT:

Well, I had some free time, so I decided to take a look at this now. I added flat rate shipping to my store, prepped an order and submitted it. It worked just fine.

The only thing I think I may have changed is this line in /modules/gateway/PayPal/tranfer.inc.php:

<input type='hidden' name='amount' value='".$amount."' />

<input type='hidden' name='shipping' value='".$basket['shipCost']."' />

The 2nd line there is the one that makes sure shipping is sent to PayPal. It was discussed in the thread already linked to a post or two up. Please check this file in your install and make sure the $basket['shipCost'] line is indeed included.

If it's there and you're still having problems, then I'd venture to say there's something else wrong with your installation, not the software itself.

Looking forward to a fix - as I have this exact same problem.

Fresh brand new install today -- so I don't think it's me

In looking over the transfer.inc.php -- something has jumped out at me - I'm assuming that variables are set because they are used - starting on Line 81:

$basket['subTotal'] 	 - Order Subtotal (exTax and Shipping)

$basket['grandTotal']	Basket total which has to be paid (inc Tax and Shipping).

$basket['tax']    - Total tax to pay

$basket['shipCost']  - Shipping price/

(note - I've pulled some spaces out so these are all on one line and can be seen better)

I cannot find this variable anywhere

$basket['grandTotal']

except as above where it is listed as a variable.

Maybe this is the problem??

Thanks

Lorri Nevil

Don't give up after less than 12 hours. There is bound to be somebody who's seen the same problem you're having and found a fix.

If you don't have an answer by tomorrow, I'll setup shipping on my site and find you an answer. Just don't be so impatient. :(

EDIT:

Well, I had some free time, so I decided to take a look at this now. I added flat rate shipping to my store, prepped an order and submitted it. It worked just fine.

The only thing I think I may have changed is this line in /modules/gateway/PayPal/tranfer.inc.php:

<input type='hidden' name='amount' value='".$amount."' />

<input type='hidden' name='shipping' value='".$basket['shipCost']."' />

The 2nd line there is the one that makes sure shipping is sent to PayPal. It was discussed in the thread already linked to a post or two up. Please check this file in your install and make sure the $basket['shipCost'] line is indeed included.

If it's there and you're still having problems, then I'd venture to say there's something else wrong with your installation, not the software itself.

Mine is set up exactly as yours and it does NOT tranfer the Postage cost to paypal.

I've installed on a Windows server, a Linux server, fresh installs with fresh code downloads and it doesn't work.

I'm sorry for the impatience, but its just frustration. I upgraded from a long standing (and working) 2.0.X installation which has worked quite happily for a long time, and now my store will basically be offline unless I reinstall and restore my old installation.

Thanks for your advice so far.

Ally.

Obviously though, anyone using ONLY FLAT RATE shipping and Paypal can manually change the transfer.inc.php to send the postage amount to a hard coded amount rather than a variable. This,though, leads me to believe that the 'shipcost' variable isn't being picked up correctly somewhere else.

• 2 months later...

Did this ever get fixed ? I've had to stick to CC2 as basically all versions of '3' that i've tried, don't pass shipping to Paypal correctly.

I have just installed and am setting up cube cart 3.0.7-pl1 and am having the exact same problem, so I am guessing the answer is no.

Anybody have a fix for this? Pleeeeeeeese

Did this ever get fixed ? I've had to stick to CC2 as basically all versions of '3' that i've tried, don't pass shipping to Paypal correctly.

I have just installed and am setting up cube cart 3.0.7-pl1 and am having the exact same problem, so I am guessing the answer is no.

Anybody have a fix for this? Pleeeeeeeese

Well, after a bit of hacking, it looks like PayPal is the problem :-(

Consider this bit of paypal form code:

<html>

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">

<input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_xclick">

<input type="hidden" name="upload" value="1">

<input type="hidden" name="add" value="1">

<input type='hidden' name='no_shipping' value='1'>

<input type="hidden" name="business" value="[email protected]">

<input type="hidden" name="item_name_1" value="Item Name1">

<input type="hidden" name="amount" value="1.00">

<input type="hidden" name="shipping" value="123.00">

<input type='hidden' name='currency_code' value="GBP">

<input type="submit"" value="Upload Cart">

</form>

</html>

This *should* work with shipping... but it doesn't!

Change the currency_code variable to "USD", save the code and try again....

At this point, I'm not sure why, does the older CC still work? It would be interesting to see the page source just before PayPal takes over.

It is possible to stop the browser just before it redirects to PalPal, and if you can manage this, you will see that CC is correctly loading the shipping variable.

I've also checked my ASP Based store (using PD Shop Pro) and that has the same problem ie. the amount is product prices+shipping, but paypal shows shipping as Zero.

Sorry I can't help more, but I strongly think its a PalPal problem. I don't have the time to change my CC currency to USD and test - but this would also confirm the above....

Jason

Is this Paypal Standard or Paypal Pro that you are saying does not work with the latest 3.0.7 release? Hope I got this wrong.

Its paypal standard for me Dave

Guest fremitus

same problem here, but it is not a constant. sometimes the shipping is charged properly. other times not, i am using category based shipping. this sux and my client is getting ornery. is there anything that cubecart can do to fix this or is it truly paypal's fault? any definitive answer would be appreciated.

colby