Digital Download Links are not Hidden??

Hi,

I have been messing with cube cart trying to find out if it would be suitable for my needs to sell music from my record label.

Once you have purchased a product the download link you have been given is unique. However, if you click on this link the translated link to the actual download is displayed in IE's status bar and if you hit stop in the browser it appears in the address bar.

Surely this is a fundamental flaw in this feature?

Any feedback welcomed.

Many Thanks

Chris

In the options for each digital product, there's two types of address you can give for digital download locations.

It sounds like you've chosen the one that starts with http:// (a URL) rather than a Server Root path.

Here's what it says...

HTTP Path: http://www.domain.com/downloads/download.exe

Server Root Path: /usr/local/vhosts/www.domain.com/downloads/download.exe (Recommended!)

The advantage of using the server root path is that files can be stored elsewhere than the publically accessible folder. If this method is chosen CubeCart will automatically create a download link which has an expiry time and max amount of downloads which is configured in the store settings.

Hi Chris,

I suggest you read this post as it explain's much more about the digital and secure downloads.

Personally i learned something new :(

If it doesnt answer the question i am sure it will help you in the future. :)