Qwk Question on 3.0.0 to 3.0.4 Upgrade

Have a brand spanking new store I've just set up with a Fantastico provider that installs 3.0.0 clean. Just downloaded 3.0.4 from the downloads area and want to get this setup.

The instructions give an incremental patching of the product, but there appears to be only one set of scripts. Seems contradictory...

Do I need to bother, or should I just overwrite the files from the Uploads folder (skipping the appropriate excludes mentioned in the readme files)? Is that it?

A little confused here, and have the opportunity to do this now before I've set ANYTHING up. Eager to get going...

Or, if anyone knows HOW imminent 3.0.5 will be, I can wait a little...

Thanks!

3.05 will be out in a while but the correct procedure is to perform all the steps mentioned from 3.00 to 3.01 etc.

Some people managed to do the upgrade bypassing some versions.

Perform a search and see as there has been a few posts about this matter. :(

:( nb

If you have a completly clean store you can just upload the whole folder of 3.0.4 and overwrite the files.

making sure you manually update the tables in your database and of course note down the details of your config file.

This is not a particular easy job and some knowledge of php and phpmyadmin needed.

Thanks vrakas for the heads up on 3.0.5 and for confirming the successive patching.

Also thanks to evilhomer on the blanket upgrade approach. Don't have any problems with PhpMyAdmin, MySQL, or PHP at all (and looks like I won't be spending as much time with it with this product as I have with some of my OSCommerce clients).

So good to know, wasn't sure what the DB changes would be, but I'll take a look at that and decide if I want to bother or just go thru the incremental version patching.

Appreciate the Help Guys! :D