How do I get rid of a couple items?

Guest KateTheShrew

Guest KateTheShrew

I'm working on getting a store set up and there are currently two items (I guess they're boxes or some such) that I don't need. I need to get rid of the search function and the newsletter/mail list box. I won't be putting out a newsletter, don't need a mailing list and there is no need for a search function since my store will be fairly small - mostly custom orders in three to four specific categories.

I've looked all over, but I just can't figure out which files need to be edited and which portions to edit out. Oh, and those little dividing lines between the boxes, where the heck do I find the code to change the color on those? Right now mine are a sort of dark maroon or something and I want them a brownish gold color. I've looked everywhere I can think of, but I'm obviously missing something.

Also, since I'm asking dumb newbie questions :( can anyone tell me which file has the info to change the color on the links at the bottom of the page (about us, etc.) and the file to add my copyright info to the CubeCart copyright info? (I'm running an art store and I need to include MY copyright info along with theirs).

Thanks for any assistance y'all can give me. I just need to be pointed in the right direction. (BTW, why ARE there so many gazillion files anyway? Hasn't anyone ever heard of the KISS principle? :) )

Kate

Kisses I like and KISS is a good principle . . .

Anyway, look in skins/your_skin/styleTemplates/global/index.tpl

Look for something like:

<div>{SEARCH_FORM}</div>

<div>{SESSION}</div>

Place HTML comment tags before and after like this:

<!--

<div>{SEARCH_FORM}</div>

<div>{SESSION}</div>

-->

Then in the same file, index.tpl, find something like this:

{MAIL_LIST}

Place HTML comment tags before and after like this:

<!-- {MAIL_LIST} -->

That should do the trick :(

Guest KateTheShrew

Oooh, mucho thanks. It worked beautifully. It would have taken me forever to figure out which file to look in on my own. Yay! Nice clean looking front page now.

All that's left to do now is find the file with the color code for the separator bars. I'll find it if I have to change every color in every file and back. (thank the gawdz for "search and replace" and backups *giggle*).

Kate

Now that I know which skin you're using, I can tell you that the separator bars are found here, in layout.css:

.boxContentLeft, .boxContentRight {

border-top: 1px double maroon;

border-bottom: 1px ridge maroon;

padding-left: 5px;

margin-bottom: 10px;

padding-top: 3px;

padding-bottom: 5px;

}

the border-bottom doesn't really show, since it is set as ridge and only 1px wide . . .

it is the border-top that you are seeing. I would suggest you change it to

border-top: 1px solid color-of-choice;

P.S. And delete the border-bottom altogether :(

This skin is still under development for some improvements, by the way. I'll contact you when the new improved version is done.

Guest KateTheShrew

Found 'em. They are now a nice rich gold. Thanks again. I am really loving this skin.

Now to go sort out my non-skin related issues.

Kate