HELP!

Guest GoodLiteCandles

Guest GoodLiteCandles

Ok I was on the admin page chaging settings and adding ptoducts to my cart and I went to save settings and now I cant get to the admin page at all. It says the page cannot be found. I can view my cart though.

Has this ever happened before? What do I do?

Guest Denver Dave

When you go to your-store-location/admin what happens. Probably still there, but might take a peek with your ftp product and see if the admin/index.php is still there.

Also, might try closing your browser completely and opening it and trying again.

Don't panic, the admin is around somewhere.

Guest GoodLiteCandles

If I go through and try to type in different paths of different files on my site, everythign works...EXCEPT for anything in the admin folder. But if the files got corrupted someone (possibly) how do I get backups of these files if they were never on my local drive? Or am I screwed?

Guest GoodLiteCandles

If I go through and try to type in different paths of different files on my site, everythign works...EXCEPT for anything in the admin folder. But if the files got corrupted someone (possibly) how do I get backups of these files if they were never on my local drive? Or am I screwed?

Guest GoodLiteCandles

I use Dreamweaver.

And yes. I was in the admin adding products and it was working fine. Then I went to the general settings and updated things in that and then went to save the changes and then the page could not be displayed.

Guest GoodLiteCandles

Okay, well since I was just in the beginning stages of my cart I decided to save my Skins folder so I didnt lose my css / images and uninstalled Cube Cart and install it again. And so now the admin works fine...

... but I still want to know if anyone knows what could have caused this or what could be done in case this happens in the future. Now I'm ust starting, but what if down the road this happens and I dont want to lose everything.

So any insite would be appreciated. Thanks.

Guest GoodLiteCandles

Okay. It happened again. But I think I know why. I believe it's because I set the "Enable SSL:" to yes. But I didnt fill out any other fields in that section. Could that be it.

And how do I set up the SSL stuff?

Guest sunshine

Hi GoodLiteCandles,

Hade the same problem here with SSL. I'm not sure if you're trying to install a 'Shared' SSL or your own personal one. For 3.04 you can use your personal SSL; I think there are some difficulties with the shared. If you do a search, there a few topics that have solutions. One of those might suit you.

In the meantime, if you have any problems logging in Brooky has a tool here

Tool Download

It basically helps you to reset configurations if you have access problems.

Just be sure if you use this to delete it right away from your directory after.

Guest sunshine

Hi GoodLiteCandles,

I think Verisign prices are outrageous. You can get the same security for much less. RapidSSL, Geotrust, Comodo to name a few. I know Rapid and Geo are single root, meaning they are issuer and they own the root.

Guest GoodLiteCandles

Okay here's a weird thing happening now.

I got my SSL in and working perfectly on my shopping cart.

But when I go to my admin page I get a weird looking page with all kinds of errors...

Warning: main(/home/goodl2/public_html/shop /classes/db.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/goodl2/public_html/shop/admin/includes/auth.inc.php on line 42

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/home/goodl2/public_html/shop /classes/db.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/goodl2/public_html/shop/admin/includes/auth.inc.php on line 42

Warning: main(/home/goodl2/public_html/shop /admin/includes/navigation.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/goodl2/public_html/shop/admin/includes/header.inc.php on line 57

Warning: main(/home/goodl2/public_html/shop /admin/includes/navigation.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/goodl2/public_html/shop/admin/includes/header.inc.php on line 57

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/home/goodl2/public_html/shop /admin/includes/navigation.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/goodl2/public_html/shop/admin/includes/header.inc.php on line 57

How do I get to a normal admin page? What is wrong?

Guest GoodLiteCandles

I fixed that and I still get a weird page and then when I click on a link in the admin it says it cant be found.

Is my path... incorrect?

/home/goodl2/public_html/shop

goodl2 is my username on my server.