USPS Container Types/Options

Guest LOD

Is it possible to have other options in Priority and Express mail besides Flat rate package and Flat rate envelope? Nothing I ship will fit in the Flat rate packaging available through USPS and the Flat Rate package rates can sometimes be more expensive the sending just a package Priority Mail. The option would be Regular Priority Mail. Also I need to add other options like Delivery Conformation Or Signiture Conformation. And Insurance would be nice. If those options cant be done can there be a handeling Fee option.

Brooky HELP!!!!!!

This bit of code I think needs to be modified in the class.usps.php ANY HELP PLEASE!

//Check container for Express and Priority

if(strtolower($attribs['service']) == 'express' || strtolower($attribs['service']) == 'priority')

{

if(!isset($attribs['container'])) { $this->debug("Container for express or priority post was not set."); return false; }

else {

switch(strtolower($attribs['container']))

{

case 'flat rate envelope':

case 'flat rate box':

break;

default:

$this->debug("Container not recognised.");

return false;

}

}

}

I will give it a try but I think the postage amount is different for FLAT RATE and Regular Priority mail. If you are sending something with the NEW Flat Rate pricing it has to fit in the boxes they provide. My stuff does NOT fit in those flat rate boxes So they dont fall under the Flat Rate fee. I also need to add the cost of delivery Conformation or Signiture Conformation Which the module does not allow. Flat Rate shipping is not always a good thing for instance I live in Chicago If I was using Flat Rate Priority Mail to ship to California I would save on shipping costs but IF I was shipping to Wisconson I would be overpaying if I used the Flat Rate And It would be cheeper to send regular priority Mail.

This is a HUGE issue for me as well. I emailed USPS and they told me basically to change the service type to 'priority' and the container type to 'oversize' but I tried messing with the code for hours and it still came up 'container not recognized' mabye this is fixed in 3.05?

Well I have installed 3.05 and it does not look like much has changed. I still need true shipping by weight, Delivery Conformation or Signiture Conformation Option. Even to be able to add a Handeling FEE to the USPS module would be great. I think the insurance option is asking a little to much.