Offering freebie downloads...

Guest SheScraps

Guest SheScraps

I am still setting up my shopping cart (just started tonight) and have found a wealth of info here but I can't seem to find anything on how to offer free downloads in my shopping cart. I thought I had it all figured out but when I went to test it as a customer, at checkout it took me to PayPal (the only payment I'm accepting). I would like the customers to be able to add the free item to thier cart, hit the checkout link and then be shown the download link. Is this possible? I've seen many other sites do this, but I don't think any of them were using CubeCart. BTW, I'm using version 3.0.4. Oh and here is my shop if you need to see it in order to better help me: http://shescrapsdigital.com/boutique/index.php Again, I just started playing with it tonight so it's FAR from being finished. :lol:

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :w00t:

Emily

You have me thinking :lol:

The only temporary solution i can think of is just give them a direct download link.

I know its very poor but for now...... :w00t:

Lets see if someone else has some other and better kind of solution, i dont sorry :)

Well, I'm already offering a Free product, I even have a Freebie Mod so that it will actually show properly everywhere. But I like your idea. Perhaps I'll work that into my site and then make the mod available. I don't know if people would pay very much to be able to give stuff away though. :P

Check out the way my free product displays versus the way yours does. Right now, free items don't show any price in the cart. I fixed that.

Guest SheScraps

Thanks for the replies & suggestions. I think I will go ahead and just give them the download link. I liked the idea of them having to register at the site and such before downloading so I could actually see who was sampling my product. Oh well... :P

Emily

• 3 months later...

For folk who arrive in this thread via future searches, two mods are available for offering free downloads through CubeCart. One is written by Sir William, it's free for your use and available at his site swscripts.com I believe his mod requires customer registration before downloading.

A second mod is available from webwonderuk which does not require a visitor to register, and he sells it at a modest fee. Look under the CubeCart mods section at his site, www.toucanwebdesign.com

• 3 months later...