Shared SSL Cert

Guest REEDS

Hi

My website is being hosted on my ISP Web server and I have a domain name that links to this server AND IT WORKS OK

I now want to run Eway Payment Gateway and this required Secure Server and I can use my ISP one but what am I do to in cubecart

http://www.domainname.com.au is my normal domain

Secure Server address is

https://shost1.ISP_website.net/secure.domainname.com.au

I am running 3.0.5 any ideas

That is correct Sunshine

I dont understand how to do it all as SSL I have tryed it before but that was with 3.0.3 and that just about killed my little brain

REEDS

Guest GoodLiteCandles

Yes you can

Mot web server's offer a sharedSSL cert

Check with your server about the shared SSL being able to support PHP.

That was the problem with mine and they told me it didnt and I had to purchase a private SSL from my server. And now it works perfectly.

There were several things done to 3.0.5 to facilitate the use of shared SSL. However, I have not tested any of it yet...I don't have a cert on my server. (I own my own server and have just never needed it.)

Thanks for the help

Now my question is:

Do I need to upload cubecart onto the Secure Server as well and if so where do the products goto the SSL hosting or the non Secure Server (diffrent machines @ my ISP end and didffrent URL's)

www.blah.com for non secure

https://shost2.ausat.net/home/blah.com for Secure

and if I have to upload onto the SSL server how does a customer see the products when they visit www.blah.com as its not the SSL server they view and I dont want to have to type in the wrong address

REEDS

Guest sunshine

Hi Reeds,

CC 3.05 is configured so that when you sign into to your admin it automatically redirects to https:// mode. The same goes, when a customer visits your sight and need to insert personal info.

I haven't tried the checkout process in 3.05 yet, but if you happen to run into problems with images showing with SSL, where you get the popup saying 'some items are/may not be secure' then the only way i know to fix that is to create seperate folder for secure pics. You don't want that error message being thrown at a customer when they're getting ready to buy from you.

Guest robcinoz

the only way i know to fix that is to create seperate folder for secure pics. ...

I totally agree! If you get the secure/unsecure message, you need to have a secure pics folder. The last thing you want is to look unprofessional, especially when everything else in CC is professional and looks it.

Just my 2 cents worth,

:angry:

I understand that but do I upload my products to the secure or non secure

I tryed it with 3.0.3 and 3.0.4 and when the customer visits the non secure website they see the products but when you go to buy the goods they see CART IS EMPTY

If I upload products to online shop (secure) and they visit the non secure site they see no products

all this just to use a freeking payment gateway *yellllll*

REEDS

Guest sunshine

Both secure and reg folders. The only pics that will be need to be in the secure folder is anything that you want showing in that mode. For example, some people chose to include backgrounds pics during the checkout process because it was part of their theme. That background pic would be in two folders so a customer doesn't get the 'message'.