What does this means......

Hi Cubers !

In the new version of CC brooky says that "support for multiple stores on one domain" what does this mean, can anyone please explain this in detail :w00t:

Regards

The main problem with multiple stores before was the cookie set by each store. Now there are identifiers in each cookie that will permit multiple stores on the same domain without problems. :w00t:

Hi Sir !

Thanks for the reply, actually I m a newbie, can u please explain how does multiple stores works and what we can do with multiple stores ? your detailed reply will be appriciated. Thanks in advance :w00t:

Guest EverythingWeb

It basically means that you cna run more than one store on one domain.

Ie: lets say for instance you offered a service to local shops, called local-stores.com

On there, you did a deal for each shop to have their own cubecart store, the multiple domain support means thats you could run more stores:

local-stores.com/AJJewellery

local-stores.com/BCCars

etc.

Guest estelle

:w00t: Yes, you most certainly can. When you enter your database details during installation, you can enter a prefix that go at the start of each table name. So if you give each store a different table prefix (eg. store1_ and store2_) then you will have two separate stores which are sharing the same database, but with each with an exclusive set of tables.

Hi & Thanks estelle...

I checked the fuction of 1 DB in two stores ! it add the product to the other store BUT the picture of that product is not stored in the second store, can you please help by providing any solution ?

Regards

doesnt work, because stores and their folders are independent.

Do you want share images for 2 or more stores? This is strange, but if you wana do it really, make symbolic links for second and others store for images/upload folder to images/upload first of your store folder.

This works fine for UNIX sites.

@convict

So what you are saying is we can share the database and we can also store a photo of shop 1 in a folder of shop1/images/upload and shop 2 in shop2/images etc?

or do we first have to create the 2 shops in 2 diferent folders?

Will this work?

@convict

So what you are saying is we can share the database and we can also store a photo of shop 1 in a folder of shop1/images/upload and shop 2 in shop2/images etc?

or do we first have to create the 2 shops in 2 diferent folders?

Will this work?

I didnt say, we can share databases. We can offer images to other stores :). First store has folder images/upload. Second has NOT - second has symbolic link called uploads into their folder images pointed to uploads folder of first store - that means, only one upload folder exist as a really folder.

Maybe this is working with hard link, not symbolic :errm: , never tested. :)

EDIT> tested with symlink - worked :)

@convict: sorry i was wrong :), it was estelle that posted you can share a database.

Now i get the whole picture :errm:

Thanks for clearing this for me, again :)

Hi

Does this mean that you can have 3 stores on one domain using Cubecart and  the customer to use or be able to use  the same log in details on each one ?

thanks

Everything is possible, but NOT with CC3 provided as is.

AND

Im talking about images, that are in folders - not in database. Tables of many stores can be inserted into ONE database, but with different prefixes. That means - tables for stores are independent, its like we have different databases with different stores whenever. :)

Guest estelle

Does this mean that you can have 3 stores on one domain using Cubecart and  the customer to use or be able to use  the same log in details on each one ?

Not really. You currently have two options:

1. Share the same database tables between the two (or more) stores. This means that if a customer registers in one store, they will also be able to log into the other store. But it also means everything else would be identical - products, categories, settings.

2. Have separate database tables between the two stores. Customers registering in one store would not be able to sign in to the other store. However you could manually add the customers details from one store into the other.

But it would be possible to modify the store so that the table containing the customer details is shared between the two stores. However this has not been done, and it would require many (small) changes throughout your cubecart source files!

convict Posted on Oct 16 2005, 07:32 PM

doesnt work, because stores and their folders are independent.

Do you want share images for 2 or more stores? This is strange, but if you wana do it really, make symbolic links for second and others store for images/upload folder to images/upload first of your store folder.

This works fine for UNIX sites.

Hi Convict

yes stores and their folders are independent, but i dont understand what is the use of sharing the same database with 2 stores on a domain?

Guest estelle

Because the cheaper webhosting plans only give you one database!

Edit: Sorry, i don't know whether you're referring to sharing the same tables, or having separate tables within the same database. I can't think of a reason for the first, but the second is obviously very useful.

Hi Convict

yes stores and their folders are independent, but i dont understand what is the use of sharing the same database with 2 stores on a domain?

One database contains more stores - PREFFIXES for tables names are different! But this is NOT the same as support for multiple stores on one domain, becasue of ONE domain. Read carefully, what EverythingWeb wrote!

Just another object is sharing some tables with 2 stores, but CC3 doesnt support this as is.

• 2 months later...
Guest Mysiteonline

I just read through this thread with interest.

Can someone tell me if the following would / could work?

Several stores on sub domains and a master store

ie: site.co.uk (master store)

anything.site.co.uk (secondary stores)

whatever.site.co.uk (secondary stores)

Would it be possible for each site to share the database (all details) therefore i'd assume that by logging into any admin account i could view all orders placed on all sites?

I hope i've explained this well enough so everyone knows what i mean.

Look forward to hearing your answers.

Thanks

Anyone that wants to share the customer base and order base accross two v3 stores contact me i made this mod quite a while ago...

It originaly shared everything except the config table so you could have two stores with the same products / customers / catagories / orderes ect BUT allow them to have diffrent config values...

This can be refined a bit more for anyone wanting it so it just copys the customers, or copies the customers & orders ect...

As i said contact me and i can make such possible...

• 1 year later...