Reward $100 for solution to PayPal failure

jerseyjoe

I will pay $100 to the first person who can debug and fix a CC 3.05 that will not accept PayPal Pro orders.

The store has a valid API Cert installed. CC Tech Suppprt says it can find no cause for "your order failed." PayPal Merchant Services will not look at the problem because CC violates PayPal TOS by requiring registration before the payment call is submitted to PP.

I am about to lose a client and many hours invested in this project.

If you solve the problem before 10pm Saturday night, (Eastern Daylight Time in USA, I will pay $100 immediately on success. No success; no payment.

Since this will require giving you access to the server, and I'm not going to hand this out to more than one person, I will need some convincing that you are capable. PM me if you think you can do it and tell me why you are the fixer.

I'm putting that offer on temporary hold. But it may be revived shortly. If you are a "taker", subscribe to this thread and you get notice if and when it is.

I have made a small bit of progress that may be of use to others.

In the Pear folder on the site's server there is a log of PayPal actions. In looking at it, I found each of the failed attempts were detailed. The error message said that the failures are at the PayPal API because the server from which the payment attempt was launched lacks "Curl."

A response from CC Tech Support regarding this said, "PayPal API required Curl to be enabled on your server. You'll have to asking your hosting company to enable it with SSL support." (There's yet another argument for a set of docs that would have explained that server configuration requirement.)

So that was done. But the payment still did not go through (As I said, minor progress). The error message from PAyPal's API now says that the usere name and passwrod are incorrect.

I'm guessing - and hoping that maybe someone can confirm - that the name/pw they are rejecting is what is configured in the CC Gateway page.

Now for a sanity check - In the field "API Account Name:" I put the name taken from the PayPal notification of the account setup, obviously based on the payee's email address, something like, "payeename.api01.payeeips.com".

That's what I've got in that field.

But Paypal is rejecting that. I've also tried it with the plain email address - same error.

Sugestions?

Darn Joe...and I was about to jump on that one. :^^:

The no SSL Curl stopped me when I tried to set it up, and at the time I was too tired to go install it. So it's nice to know the password issue before I bang my head against the wall. Thanks bud. :)

winner?

OK, problem solved. No one claimed the $100.

The two issues, perhaps of use to someone else, were that lack of "curl" and using the account holder's PayPal account pw - not the (different) API pw.

I solved it myself and not happy that it happened in the first place. I cam within a few hours of having refund to my client and losing not only the fee but the many hours I have invested in the project. As it is, in a desperate effort to isolate the problem, I took the store and the MySQL dB totally off the server, abandoning many, many hours of tedious adding of products, installed a fresh copy of 3.05 and then spent too much time, even from 2:00am today through 9:30 discovering and fixing the problem.

Now, although the sun is shining out side for the very first time in 14 days of non-stop "cow pissing on a flat rock" rain, I must sit here and reinstall all those photos and products and descriptions.

I'm not at all a happy camper because this should not have happened in the first place. CC is still a toy until it has an adequate set of docs that spell out such issues.

I did learn one piece of wisdom that belongs in the installation instructions in BIG BOLD LETTERS.

FIRST THING TO DO AFTER INSTALLATION IS CREATE A .01 TEST PRODUCT, THEN CONFIGURE THE OPERATIONS OF YOUR STORE (GATEWAYS, SHIPPING, ETC.) - AND USE THE FORMER TO TEST THE LATTER. UNLESS YOU ARE A MASOCHIST, DO NOT INSTALL YOUR INVENTORY UNTIL YOUR HAVE THE CHECKOUT SYSTEM FUNCTIONAL AND FULLY TESTED.

FIRST THING TO DO AFTER INSTALLATION IS CREATE A .01 TEST PRODUCT, THEN CONFIGURE THE OPERATIONS OF YOUR STORE (GATEWAYS, SHIPPING, ETC.) - AND USE THE FORMER TO TEST THE LATTER. UNLESS YOU ARE A MASOCHIST, DO NOT INSTALL YOUR INVENTORY UNTIL YOUR HAVE THE CHECKOUT SYSTEM FUNCTIONAL AND FULLY TESTED.

Quote of the day there my friend. :)