Sales Tax Not Working

Guest elmbrook

Guest elmbrook

I have tried several times to make the sales tax add on for products delivered to my home state. It will not work. Shows zero added. I have set it to add 5.1% for Wisconsin and it is the only state for which a tax has been set in admin. I have been checking with a test buyer with a WI home address. Any idea what I need to do to make it add the tax at checkout.

Rich

Under the Taxes link, there are two boxes. The first says Apply Tax ONLY the following area: In that box, you set your country and home state. The other box, Tax Class - % should have two things in it: Standard Tax at 5.100% in your case and Tax Exempt at 0.00%.

Is that the way you have it? :w00t:

Guest elmbrook

Under the Taxes link, there are two boxes. The first says Apply Tax ONLY the following area: In that box, you set your country and home state. The other box, Tax Class - % should have two things in it: Standard Tax at 5.100% in your case and Tax Exempt at 0.00%.

I have it set up this way. The Standard Tax is below the Tax Exempt. Can't get Standard Tax on the top in admin, but this may not matter. I also set up shipping to be flat rate-$4.00. It will not show that either. :w00t:

Guest elmbrook

I am testing with one product. Tax Class is set at "Standard Tax..5.1%" under "Edit Product."

Normal price-$1280.00

Sale Price--0.00

Product Weight--0.00

Tax Class--Standard Tax--5.1%

Stock Level--5

Use Stock Level--YES

Product Type--tangible

Guest elmbrook

I have figured out what was wrong. For anyone else who may have this problem, here is what I believe to be the solution.

After you install cc, go to Taxes and first change the state to your home state and click "update." Now your home state will be listed. Next go to the line "Standard Tax" and click "edit." Next change the tax amount to what it should be for your state. That's it.

I believe I did this in a different order and that may have caused the problem. I reinstalled and completed the steps above to make it work properly.

Thanks Sir William.

Rich