An Americanized language file

jerseyjoe

In honor of Sir William's contribution of an improved admin email, I am attaching my version of the language file.

For those of you not familiar with its function, this file contains many of the words and phrases that the user and an administrator sees during the course of using CC3. I've changed many of the obscure or technical phrases to something more palatable.

For example, howlers such as, "Your session has been destroyed" are now a more understandable, "You have been logged out."

Also, I've installed American spellings (colour = color). And fixed a few obvious spelling errors such as, "containg" is now "containing."

I've corrected punctuation errors, an issue not well understood or appreciated by programmers. "Sorry that is not . . . " is now "Sorry, that is not . . . " and sentences that begin with a condition clause "If you wish that can be blah blah" is corrected to "If you wish, that can be . . . " For those who do not understand why punctuation matters, I strongly suggest they read the funniest and most informative book on the subject, "Eats, Shoots, and Leaves."

Split infinitives have been corrected.

I've taken a few broader liberties with entire sentences, usually to move them from the passive voice to the active.

Enjoy!

lang.inc.php