Before purchasing

Guest christaw

Guest christaw

1. Can our treasurer pull reports using this?

2. Will this configure with an Invision Power Board v2.0.3?

We have been using another program and hate it.. it doesn't work half the time and you can't pull reports using it. Your store looks like it may work welll for us if you have these things.

Define reports for us.

As far as I know, I've got the only order export mod so far. That lets you export any or all orders in a CSV file for use in Excel, etc.

I'm not sure what level of integration you're looking for with IPB, so that's kinda tough to say for sure.

Please elaborate on your questions further and we'll try to answer as is best possible.

:rolleyes:

Regarding reports, for me at least, the definition of reports is still a bit vague. But that doesn't matter. Simply download the free CubeCart and install it on a server or put it on a thumb drive or non-Internet connected computer using Mambo - and then look at the Admin CP.

The CC reports, while as verbose as any you will see in other Open Source carts probably are not going to satisfy your treasurer or your marketing people. They are, let's say, "adequate." but not as detailed as your questions suggests will be wanted.

But since CC is based on MySQL, you can get detailed transactional reports from a CC strore's dB. But you'll probably want more than that. Find a host that offers the Urchin traffic analysis tools. Your marketing staff will want to know all about who is visiting, how they find you, what they do on your site, where they go when they leave you, etc. See the link to Web Traffic tools on the home page of www.buildinghosting.com. An marketing analysis plan based on the combination of MySQL and Urchin should satisfy even the most sophisticated and demanding needs.

As for integration with IPB in the manner you describe, my first thought is that you could take advantage of the newly announced feature in CC3.05 that allows multiple stores on the same server, using the same dB. I have not yet looked at it in much detail but it's an intriguing concept and I am talking with a potential client now about building a retail / wholesale store, each based on the same products but each with different prices, different quantity purchasing, different terms, etc, etc.

We're talking about doing it with variations on the URL. One store might be clientdomain.com/retail and the other, behind a password, would be clientdomain.com/wholesale.

As you probably know, IPB allows you to assign specific users to specific forae. The forae that a member sees are determined at login, based on what your Moderator has set for that Member or group of Members. You could put the links to one store in one forum and links to another store in another forum.

Depending on your budget, I know that Charles and Matt (the owners of IPB) have built a highly profitable business around selling the programming of custom versions of IPB. They probably could provide a totally seamless solution that would integrate multiple forae and multiple stores. They might even do it by starting with CC as the store code. Worth asking them.

That also may be worth asking of CC's developer. Brooky has done a superb job of seamlessly integrating a current release of IPB with his various support and promotion services for CC. I can't see way he couldn't do a forum / store integration just as well. I know that he is now working on ramping up his staff and that might be a good project for them to take on under his management.

Hope this helps.