How to change in Dreamweaver????

Guest mib

Hello all. I am totally new to this whole shopping cart stuff. I have knowledge of basic website building, but very basic. I have been using Dreamweaver to build my site. I wanted to add a shopping cart/ecommerce to the site. I downloaded Cube Cart through my host. I am so lost. I am wondering how to integrate it with my other webpages and how can I take this shopping cart and change it to match the flow of my website? I need serious help/guidance. Any experts out there??? ;)

Hi,

First you need to create a directory for your store, like /store, then upload and install. Then modify the skin you want with new backgrounds and colors, etc. Depending on how your current site looks now, it may be hard or easy. Check out the tips page on my website for some help in finding your way around the files that you will need to alter. You can also check out the tutorials on Markscarts website.

Good luck, it's allot of fun once you learn how to do it! And Dreamweaver makes it really easy with the find/replace all feature. For example, find the color code you want to change, put the color number into the find area and put the color code you want to change it to in the replace field, then click to change all, and viola! all of the colors are changed. It really saves time. The only downside is the fact that it's all code, so it's not WSIWYG. But it's not difficult to do, especially if you know basic html. Also check out w3schools.com for some good information and color charts.

Jen