Error: No payment gateway variable is set!

Guest benniog

Guest benniog

Hi,

I have installed 3.0.3 and everything is working great apart from one thing.

When I make a payment through protx i get the following error when I return to my site:

Could anyone please help with this. I have looked round the forums and cant find a fix for it.

Thanks in advance

Benniog

Have you applied my PayPal fix? If not, then PayPal will not work the way it is. 3.0.5 has the fix already incorporated in the code. If you're working on a new store, go to it now and try it all again. :)

Guest EverythingWeb

Sir William, I think the poster was looking for support with the Protx module, not PayPal, and I think that there is a slight problem with the Protx transfer file in 3.0.4. Does your PayPal fix sort something more than just PayPal?

I did some work on the Protx file in 3.0.2 which was included, so I will check 3.0.5 against my .0.2 copy and see what, if anything is different.

@ Bnniog, I think one of the developers did notice that issue here the other day after upgrading a store (in development) from 3.0.2 to 3.0.5 so I will find out where/what it was.

Hope this helps.

Guest benniog

Thanks EverythingWeb,

Just to clarify:

- I am using 3.0.3

- I having the error when the script returns from Protx, the payment processing works fine, it just looks like it doesn't know where to go when it returns from Protx

Hope you can fix it - i'm 99.9% finished now, just waiting on this

Benniog :)

benniog, I could look at it, but I don't have a protx account to play with. I really don't know much about it. The only way I could help you with your problem would be to have access to your store and files. And as busy as I am with other mods right now, it would be a week or more before I could get to it. But as with all things in life, money talks. :)

Guest benniog

Thanks for the offer Sir William, I will hold off on your offer for now as I will wait and see if the cubecart team come up with any fixes. This must be a problem that exists throughout the protx module of cubecart, so it needs fixing...

I will probably upgrade to 3.0.4 and see if that helps...

Has anyone else had this problem? They must have

Benniog

Why not upgrade to 3.0.5? I have no clue if it will help your particular problem, but it does fix others. Might as well stay on the right side of the curve. :rolly:

• 7 months later...

ok. i'm getting this problem with PayPal Express along with the "Sorry! Your Order Failed!" message with Direct Payment. I don't know what to do! Please help me!!!!

Have you applied my PayPal fix? If not, then PayPal will not work the way it is. 3.0.5 has the fix already incorporated in the code. If you're working on a new store, go to it now and try it all again. :rolly:

what's your paypal fix? where can I find it? I'm sorry frustrated! I have Direct Payment/Express. Neither one work. Please help! I have 3.0.10 and I'm having so many problems with it.

The Paypal fix is built into 3.0.10 what is the problem you are having pls?

I tried to modify a few things but I thought that's what caused the problem. So I uninstalled and reinstalled CC and enabled both PayPal Direct and Express. Now, Direct works fine, but I'm still having the same problem with Express. It still says:

When I tested it right when I enabled Express, it gave me a MimePart error. I fixed the MimePart issue that I got from another post in this forum and I thought it would fix the No Payment Gateway problem. But I still have it. I'm so frustrated. Please help me! :lol:

Guest valsweb

The Paypal fix is built into 3.0.10 what is the problem you are having pls?

Hi,

My name is val. I am using 3.0.10 and I am having problems with paypal Standard. I do not want to use ipn or api because my client does not want to do in and mess with every order. My client has 2 carts one for tapes and one for coffee. If they are not both set to the same email even though both his emails are verified with paypal, the coffee site will give the error: no gateway variable set. Both sites with the emails set the same go back to the confirmation page, but it asks for log in to see confirmation and then it tells the customer the order failed.

Where is that confirmation page in the folder for cubecart and can it be by passed so paypal auto returns to the account page and the customer can them click on their history to see the order....,

Thanks for help

Val :w00t: My client is very fussy and is about to blow a stack over all of this.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest jmartinez

After a bit of struggle I was able to get linkpoint to work with the confirmed.php page, however now at this point no matter if the card is accepted or declined my confirmation pages shows "Thank you, your order was successful! Please visit again soon." any ideas on how to make it show when declined or failing?

After a bit of struggle I was able to get linkpoint to work with the confirmed.php page, however now at this point no matter if the card is accepted or declined my confirmation pages shows "Thank you, your order was successful! Please visit again soon." any ideas on how to make it show when declined or failing?

I suggest purchasing convict's LinkPoint API module, works good. :(

• 1 year later...
Guest amrock

Have you applied my PayPal fix? If not, then PayPal will not work the way it is. 3.0.5 has the fix already incorporated in the code. If you're working on a new store, go to it now and try it all again. :unsure:

I'm having the same problem and cubecart says that it is the latest version 3.0.17. On cubecart.com I can only download up to this version.

I'm using only PayPal Standard for the gateway. Where can I find the PayPal fix you were talking about? And is this really the issue? Also, where can I download cubecart 3.05?

• 10 months later...
Guest Derek Crager

Do you have your LinkPoint Connect working properly now?

I am receiving the Error: No Payment Gateway Variable is set! with CubeCart and LinkPointConnect.

Looking for a solution. I'm all ears.

Thanks

Derek