Shared SSL version 3.0.4 not working

Guest dunkirk

Guest dunkirk

Hi,

I am using cubecart version 3.0.4 and i have installed the shared SSL correctly.

but then. The problems started cannot access the admin area. Is thre anything i can do?

Thanks

Guest dunkirk

The reason I say it, is because in the 3.0.5 release, as detailed here,

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....showtopic=11854

is 'Improve SSL Support (Shared Certificates)'

:)

Hi,

Thanks for that. My hosting company used pre-installed cgi-scripts which installs cubecart version 3.0.4.

I will contact them and ask if it is possible to upgrade it to 3.0.5 Also

they asked me to fill in this setting for all the SSL boxes which is

eg:https://server-name/~ username/

is that information right.

Guest EverythingWeb

Hello,

We provide full 'private' SSL certificates for clients, so as far as configuring the shared ssl boxes, that will be for one of the boxes. You will need to search on these forums for the exact format.

Problem with letting auto-installers update your software is that any MODS you have done, will be scrapped, so make sure everything is backed up.

Guest dunkirk

Hello,

We provide full 'private' SSL certificates for clients, so as far as configuring the shared ssl boxes, that will be for one of the boxes. You will need to search on these forums for the exact format.

Problem with letting auto-installers update your software is that any MODS you have done, will be scrapped, so make sure everything is backed up.

Ok thanks for that.

Also i have installed in a directory called store not in the root dirctory it self

would this effect the SSL in anyway.

Thanks

Guest dunkirk

Oh God

My hosting company say the cant upgrade to CC3.0.5 not yet any way.

so i will have to use cc3.0.4. Is there no way of configureing SSL shared cert.

Or can someone tell me eg

what should i fill in for the fields req for the ssl support. My hosting company just told me to add https://server-name/~ username/ to all the fields. is this right?

i have installed cc in a folder called store. so www.sitename.com/store and spent a whole night reading and creating a html doc to link to store. Anyone pls help me.

Thanks

Guest internetpilot

If I understand what you're saying, you have a similar host provider to me in that the host provider control panel has options for an automated installation of various freeware scripts and apps. My host provider, Netfirms, offers OSCommerce, PHPBB, a photo hosting app (the real name escapes me, but it's the most popular one), and WordPress for blogging.

Depending on what limitations your host provider has set on your access to your account, and depending on your technical skillset, you should be able to just delete their automated v3.0.4 install and then install v3.0.5 yourself. It's really not hard to do as long as you have FTP access to your account. The installation is very automated once you've uploaded the files via FTP. It's a real no-brainer, even for the relatively non-technical.

Something to note though -- I cannot get shared SSL to work even with v3.0.5. The CubeCart developers are currently looking at it, but I'm rather confident that I have everything set correctly in the three fields for configuring SSL, and it simply does not work. Normally when you have SSL enabled and you login to Admin or you view the shopping cart, it should automatically switch to the secured URL you provided in the SSL configuration. For me this just doesn't happen, and it continues to go to the unsecured SSL and eventually reports page not found. Zen-Cart, OSCommerce, and X-Cart all work fine with my host provider's shared SSL, but CubeCart does not. To date I have yet to have anyone come forward and tell me that they are successfully running any version of CubeCart with a shared SSL -- everyone here seems to be doing with dedicated SSL certs instead.

Guest dunkirk

If I understand what you're saying, you have a similar host provider to me in that the host provider control panel has options for an automated installation of various freeware scripts and apps. My host provider, Netfirms, offers OSCommerce, PHPBB, a photo hosting app (the real name escapes me, but it's the most popular one), and WordPress for blogging.

Depending on what limitations your host provider has set on your access to your account, and depending on your technical skillset, you should be able to just delete their automated v3.0.4 install and then install v3.0.5 yourself. It's really not hard to do as long as you have FTP access to your account. The installation is very automated once you've uploaded the files via FTP. It's a real no-brainer, even for the relatively non-technical.

Something to note though -- I cannot get shared SSL to work even with v3.0.5. The CubeCart developers are currently looking at it, but I'm rather confident that I have everything set correctly in the three fields for configuring SSL, and it simply does not work. Normally when you have SSL enabled and you login to Admin or you view the shopping cart, it should automatically switch to the secured URL you provided in the SSL configuration. For me this just doesn't happen, and it continues to go to the unsecured SSL and eventually reports page not found. Zen-Cart, OSCommerce, and X-Cart all work fine with my host provider's shared SSL, but CubeCart does not. To date I have yet to have anyone come forward and tell me that they are successfully running any version of CubeCart with a shared SSL -- everyone here seems to be doing with dedicated SSL certs instead.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Very useful information. so at the moment it is rather pointless me upgradeing to cc3.0.5. If u cannot get SSL to work on your version.

But thanks for that info. Pls let me know if u have got it to work with the new version. Like you said most of the forums that have got it to work seems like they got a dedicated SSL cert. Once again thanks for the info.

Guest internetpilot

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Very useful information. so at the moment it is rather pointless me upgradeing to cc3.0.5. If u cannot get SSL to work on your version.

But thanks for that info. Pls let me know if u have got it to work with the new version. Like you said most of the forums that have got it to work seems like they got a dedicated SSL cert. Once again thanks for the info.

Actually, I wouldn't say that it would be pointless for you to upgrade. There are other improvements beyond the shared SSL fix, and at this point we're not entirely sure that the problem is not specific to my shared SSL, host provider, or even me entering the wrong configuration. I'm virtually positive it's not me entering the wrong information, but I'm not sure whether the problem is CubeCart or my shared SSL.

My first experience with a shopping cart was OSCommerce, and that was the automated install that was provided by my host provider. I quickly learned that I had a lot more control over OSCommerce when I installed it myself. You might find the same thing to be true by installing CubeCart yourself, and who knows? It just might work fine with your shared SSL.

-- Chris

• 3 weeks later...
Guest krazywolf

I am having the same problem, but my question is how do you undo the settings for the SSL settings in the admin once it locks you out of the admin page.

Guest internetpilot

I am having the same problem, but my question is how do you undo the settings for the SSL settings in the admin once it locks you out of the admin page.

That "fix" would be v3.0.5.

I ended up not being able to get shared SSL working with my host and CubeCart v3.0.5. It has something to do with my host provider's configuration not satisfying some requirements of the CubeCart code (it's a bit over my head -- I'm a network engineer, not a programmer).

However, depending on what you intend to use for a payment gateway, you may not really "need" SSL. For example, if you use the PayPal IPN you won't because everything's handled on the secure PayPal site.

-- Chris