Graphics Locations

http://www.tc-sales.biz/cubecart/index.php

Hi all,

I have searched again for answers to my gif questions but again find that I cant find the answer. Dang Bi-focs...

My questions are, from the coffee category, above site, the featured product and the latest products thumbnails are not being shown. it is not being show in the product description page either.

Pics are being shown in the admin page for product view though..

my question is is where do these thumbs need to be and where the Featured Product gif comes into play and where they are located.

thanks all

Kemp

Guest netwizard

Hi treasure,

This is the path to the image that your Featured Products box is trying to load: http://www.tc-sales.biz

/cubecart/images/uploads/thumbs/thumb_cupofjoecube.jpg

It might be an idea to set the permissions of the thumbs folder to 777, in case its not already set that way.

Guest estelle

Hi, the featured product box is a little funny - it tries to only show products from the current category, which is why the featured product box disappears when viewing categories with only subcategories and no products.

Fix here

Estelle :rolleyes:

Guest estelle

The problem is in your includes/global.inc.php. Did you originally install the store into www.tc-sales.biz, then later move it into www.tc-sales.biz/cubecart?

Please tell us (only!!) the last three values in your includes/global.inc.php - $glob['rootDir'], $glob['rootRel'] and $glob['storeURL'] - and we can correct them for you :)

The problem is in your includes/global.inc.php. Did you originally install the store into www.tc-sales.biz, then later move it into www.tc-sales.biz/cubecart?

Please tell us (only!!) the last three values in your includes/global.inc.php - $glob['rootDir'], $glob['rootRel'] and $glob['storeURL'] - and we can correct them for you :)

No I did not move it as it was installed in the /home/tcsales/public_html/cubecart

dir the first time. It would not install and got some red error messages so I cpaneled and deleted the complete cubecart directory...then reinstalled it again creating cubecart directory in the same place...

$glob['rootDir'] = '/home/tcsales/public_html/cubecart';

$glob['rootRel'] = '/cubecart/';

$glob['storeURL'] = 'http://www.tc-sales.biz/cubecart';

want to thank all you folks for helpimg me figure this out..

then why does the uploader upload them to cubecart/images/uploads/ and not into the thumbs directory?

:rolly:

The answer is easy - because the uploader is uploading what is supposed to be your product image, not a thumbnail of your product image.

If GD is installed and working properly on your webserver, then CubeCart will create a thumb automatically when you link your product image to your product, when adding products.

The thumbnail will be automatically made and named by adding "thumb_" as a prefix to the original image name, and stored in images/uploads/thumbs

You can manually upload a thumbnail to the thumbs folder. Just make an image of the appropriate thumbnail size, name it "thumb_" + "yourImageName.ext", where "yourImageName.ext" is the name and file extension of an actual image in the uploads folder.

Note that you generally have to manually connect an image to its product, but if you are using the uploader to upload images one-by-one as you add products, all of that should be done, and a thumbnail should have been added to /thumbs.

Are all your product images larger than the size you set for thumbs in your ACP? I would hope so. If the product images are smaller than the thumb size, that may cause a problem in generating a thumbnail, but I don't know if this is the case, haven't tested it. If not, then perhaps your problem is with GD on your webserver . . .

Are all your product images larger than the size you set for thumbs in your ACP? I would hope so. If the product images are smaller than the thumb size, that may cause a problem in generating a thumbnail, but I don't know if this is the case, haven't tested it. If not, then perhaps your problem is with GD on your webserver . . .

GD is disabled on my Cubecart as it is not on my hosts server so I guess I am manually bound. I have been uploading the pics through the uploader at 75x51.

If I understand I just rename great.gif to thumb_great.ext right? Well I am off to try it anyway and thanks. I think i am getting a better understanding of how it works.

Update: I manually uploaded the same files from images/uploads/ into the images/upload/thumbs and renamed them thumb_whaterver.ext and they still don't come up..I am really confussed about this...

Guest estelle

If I understand I just rename great.gif to thumb_great.ext right? Well I am off to try it anyway and thanks. I think i am getting a better understanding of how it works.

As markscarts said, the extension .ext should be replaced with either .gif or .jpg depending on your image.

So for great.gif, upload the original to images/uploads.

Then resize it and save as thumb_great.gif, and upload to images/uploads/thumbs

Tried that already...resized them to 75x51 *.gif and uploaded ftp to the images/uploads/thumbs directory Example file name as above thumb_filename.gif and they still dont show up

Treasure55, I see you are on the board right now. Can you, by chance, remove the index.html pages from both images/uploads and from images/uploads/thumbs right away?

If you will remove those temporarily, so that I can see what you have in those directories, maybe I could be of more help.

I only have about 30 minutes here before I have to leave, though.

If you can remove them temporarily, let me know . . .

Anyway, I know that CubeCart works in regard to the problem you're having. It's just that without GD you'll need to manually upload thumbs.

Here is the way that I do it. If you start from scratch and go through every step, I believe it will work.

1. Use good-sized images for your products so your customer can see them well . . . at least 300px wide . . .

Examples: product1.gif, product2.jpg

2. Make thumbnails from these images on your PC by resizing, as I would suggest, either 75px or 100px wide - name these images by adding "thumb_" as a prefix to the original image names.

Examples: thumb_product1.gif, thumb_product2.jpg

3. Upload all your larger product images to images/uploads via FTP.

4. Upload all your thumbnails to images/uploads/thumbs via FTP.

5. If you have products in your store already, go to each one (edit product), browse existing images, choose appropriate image for each product. This will be the original, larger images, not the thumbnails! Be sure to do this with each product to be sure each product is connected to the correct image!

6. If you have products to add, add them and when adding click to browse existing images. Again, each product must be connected to the appropriate image. These are not the thumbs, they are the oririnal, larger images.

7. Now CC should be able to find your thumbnails if you have completed every step correctly! :zorro:

OK, thanks, I just checked. They're not right. You have a Flower.jpg, and then a thumbs_Flower.gif . . . can't mix the filenames!

in images/uploads:

Name Last modified Size Description

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parent Directory 20-Oct-2005 05:54 -

Flower.jpg 23-Oct-2005 02:45 2k

bags-cube.jpg 23-Oct-2005 02:57 3k

cupofjoecube.jpg 23-Oct-2005 02:21 3k

index.htmr 20-Oct-2005 05:54 1k

thumbs/ 24-Oct-2005 11:47 -

in images/uploads/thumbs:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parent Directory 24-Oct-2005 11:43 -

cupofjoecube.jpg 24-Oct-2005 01:12 3k

thumb_Flower.gif 24-Oct-2005 01:11 2k

thumb_cupofjoecube.gif 24-Oct-2005 01:08 3k

PLEASE REPLACE YOUR INDEX FILES NOW FOR SECURITY PURPOSES, AS THESE FOLDERS ARE SET TO 777!

iN ORDER TO WORK, YOUR THUMBS SHOULD REFLECT YOUR ORIGINAL IMAGES, LIKE THIS:

Parent Directory 24-Oct-2005 11:43 -

thumb_cupofjoecube.jpg 24-Oct-2005 01:12 3k

thumb_Flower.jpg 24-Oct-2005 01:11 2k

thumb_bags-cube.jpg 24-Oct-2005 01:08 3k

Oh man, Well I feel foolish..heheheheh...you know and I started to do that but didnt rename the one jpg to a thumb_file.jpg. ...it is working now...thank you ever so much...now on to loading it with a few more products and testing....

thanks again for the help.