how do i remove "There are no products in this..."

Guest noveltycentral

Guest noveltycentral

how do i remove "There are no products in this catagory"?, as my products are in catagorie's under the main catagory it's giving my visitors the wrong impression. What file do i need to edit to remove it.?

Regards

Derren

The problem with that is it will change through out the site and i think they just want it removed from index page.

I believe they are experiancing same problem as me on my new site all my products r in sub cats in a main cat so it displays annoying message at bottom.

i'm working on this and will post here when i fix it.

It happens in any category page that contains no prods, even if cat contains subcats with prods.

You can remove it completely in template, skins/your_skin/styleTemplates/content/viewCat.tpl

Look for this block of code:

<!-- BEGIN: noProducts -->

<div>{TXT_NO_PRODUCTS}</div>

<!-- END: noProducts -->

Remove it, or comment the section out like this:

<!-- BEGIN: noProducts

<div>{TXT_NO_PRODUCTS}</div>

END: noProducts -->

The alternative would be to change the message, in which case you leave viewCat.tpl alone and go to your language file:

language/en/lang.inc.php

and find this line:

'no_prods_in_cat' => "There are no products in this category.",

Change the part in the double quotation marks to say what you want, for instance, "There are no additional products below. Please choose a subcategory or another category to view products."

Guest noveltycentral

Hi,

Thanks for that, i edited my language file as was suggested and it worked out great. It did remove it form all the catagorie's which is just what i needed. Thanks again for your help.

Regards

Derren