Getting an Error in IE

Guest Frustrated Father

Guest Frustrated Father

Warning: opendir(/language): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/wyrd/public_html/shop/includes/boxes/language.inc.php on line 41

I'm getting this error in IE here at work (doing some testing on lunch time) but at home where I use Firefox, I don't get this problem. Any ideas?

https://wyrd-games.net/shop/

The above link is for the shop that I'm setting up. Nothing fancy right now, and generally, I'm just trying to get all the fixes in place before opening the shop. Right now I've gone through all the fixes in the pinned post, have gotten an SSL certificate and got that setup, though I've yet to enter in the information in the admin panel for it.

While I'm at it, I did the fix for language box earlier today and it seemed to work. Now it doesn't seem to (and I've cleared my cache and cookies).

Also, in Firefox, the website is centered. In IE it is off to the left.

Thoughts, suggestions? Mods that would be helpful?

Language error problem:

Non-secure URL access works fine, i suppose this is $config['rootDir_SSL'] setting issue (at minimal) - admin access with secure URL doesnt work.

Center problem:

PHP parser error message is responsible for this. Just eliminate problem above and youll be happy.

Guest Frustrated Father

Heh, want to explain that in english.

B)

Sorry, I truly am muddlin' my way through this and it is a hell of a chore for me without any true experience.

He's repeating what the error message said: Language error problem

He's saying that the site looks great in IE when using the non-secure URL:

http://wyrd-games.net/shop/ as opposed to https://wyrd-games.net/shop/

He's saying at minimum, you'll find a problem in the configuration setting $config['rootDir_SSL']

Finally, he's saying that the error message is responsible for the page not centering.

At least, I think that's what he's written ;)

Sorry I can't be of any more help than that B)

Heh, want to explain that in english.

B)

Sorry, I truly am muddlin' my way through this and it is a hell of a chore for me without any true experience.

Heh ;)

Go to admin control panel then click on General Settings. You have to fill Directories & Folders fileds with correct data >>

Root SECURE Public HTML Folder to store

Absolute SECURE URL to store

Server SECURE Root Directory ($config['rootDir_SSL'] in other words)

Guest Frustrated Father

Appreciate the info - sorry if I sound a bit 'thick' but in all honesty, on this stuff I am. Going to give this a try in the morning when I'm a bit more awake!

Thanks.