What Would It Cost To Do This with CubeCart?

Guest ambassador

Guest ambassador

-------

Oct 27, 2005

The site designer of this website suggested that the newest version of CubeCart may be capable of "driving" this site while maintaining the site's exact behavior and appearance.

If this is possible - while maintaining the site's EXACT behavior and appearance:

1. What would it cost to make CubeCart "do" EXACTLY this ?

2. Specifically who would do it for the site owner?

Ambassador

-------

Guest bennyuk

Yes it's possible. I'd just say don't get hung up on saying EXACT too much. If you set-up CC or other to behave EXACTLY like the site then you would gain no benefit, as it would look and work EXACTLY like it does already.

If you identify the weaknesses of the site then you could use CC to improve the sites function and form.

I think it would be safe to say that CC could IMPROVE the site, but making an EXACT copy would be pointless (unless the current site was a cost issue, in which case CC could make it cheaper but that's another discussion).

As to what it would COST to get the site translaed into CC. I'm sure there's someone that would get it done at a bargain price, but as a professional web developer, I would guestimate that you would need a budget of around 500 $, £, Euros. .. and then another 1500 for web marketing, link building, PPC, streamlining etc.

Of course, you could do it yourself for free. :unsure: time is money as they say.

As for WHO? I think you should find a few dozen willing developers in here, it all comes down to time and money.

Guest ambassador

-------

Oct 29, 2005

Regarding "If you expand on what it is you want a little more; I may be interested."

The current site was hand coded by the website designer and it now requires me to do the necessary add/delete/change pictures/change text/change price maintenance tasks in a very manual fashion. None of the products' text, the products' pictures, the products' prices, etc. are in a database or even a flat file source. Further, the associated Paypal code for each product must be cut/pasted/edited in a very manual fashion. I am told by the website designer that I could spend a little bit more to have a shopping cart installed which would make the website maintenance dramatically easier/more automated. This advice seems to be echoed in everything that I read on the subject.

So, I want exactly the same look on the pages but I want a shopping cart to "drive" the thing so it will be easier to maintain. How much will you charge to do this for me with the latest version of CubeCart?

Ambassador

-------

Heck...even the older versions of cubecart could do what you wanted without too much problem.

Manual paypal buttons......paypal shopping cart..........how quaintly archaic. heh.

How can you stand it? :homestar:

I would guestimate that you would need a budget of around 500 $, £, Euros. ..

Ohhhhh.........i think you could get it done for a lot less than that. :lol:

Guest ambassador

-------

Nov 5, 2005

Thus far one person experienced with CubeCart has offered to do exactly what has been specified for about $150 US.

However, there seems to be a problem with regard to making CubeCart's URLs search-engine-friendly.

Has anyone here attempted to use htaccess to overcome this problem?

Ambassador

-------

I believe there is a mod available for search engine friendly urls.

Check the downloads section. [it might only be for v.3 tho...in which case I apologize in advance for wasting your time.]

;)