Help setting up Shipping for my cart

Guest bydiane

Guest bydiane

I am not having any luck with posting and getting responses to getting my shipping problems and set up for my shopping cart. Orders are not able to be completed becasue this is not set up so it is costing me sales and much frustration.

Is there anyone who is willing to help me set up the shipping part of my shopping cart? If the cost is not very much I would be willing to pay but would like to know how to do it myself.

What I have done so far:

Orders are not processing.

I have set up the UPS ground shipping.

Have weights set for my products.

Would like to offer priority mail, first class and UPS services.

Cubecart is great but with no support or help I am finding it hard to see how it will help be one of the main factors in my buisness.

Bydiane :)

Guest bydiane

Thank you for the link but this is strickly for UPS and I need help with USPS. I have searched and found some info but nothing to help me understand what the following info is or how to set it up:

I would assume this is the 2 letter states seperated by commas? If it is then I have done this already.

1) Zone 1 Countries: (List comma separated ISO codes)

***I have no clue as to what is wanted or how to set up either one of these. I need to work with pounds and ounces. Did find a post on this but it was for test mode not the real thing.**

2) Zone 1 Handling Fee: Zone 1 Shiping 1st Class Rates: (Comma Separated)

3) Zone 1 Shiping 2nd Class Rates: (Comma Separated)

Priority mail and flat rate services are high on my list. NO, I do not want to use a Flat rate shipping across the board.

I hate to keep posting but I need answers. The reason I started working with Cubecart was because I read it was easy to use and set up. Wasy part getting on my system, putting in products, and setting prices. Other than that the statement is far from the truth. It is easy if you understand php and other code but for a true beginner it has been a nightmare!

I am willing and want to learn all about Cubecart and how to make it work for me. It would be wonderful if (me) a beginner can understand where to dot the i's and cross the t's. In every part of the program not just a select few. Until a few weeks ago I didn't know what a MOD was. Still don't know the exact meaning know it will enhance the program but that's about it.

All help is appreciated. At this point I am very frustrated. Sorry for the long post but I have posted questions only to get little or no response.

Guest estelle

bydiane,

I haven't touched USPS, but it sounds similar to Shipping By Weight which is what I use.

You will probably want to set the handling fee to zero.

You will be working in pounds as long as it is setup as your default weight unit in General Settings.

1st class rates is just the first type of shipping that you want to display, and 2nd is the second one that will be displayed. E.g. I use regular post as my 1st class, and express post as my 2nd class.

The rates are setup in the following way... max weight : price, max weight : price.

E.g. 1.0:5.00,2.0:10.00 means you will ship up to 1 pound for $5, and up to 2 pounds for $10.