Email fix and Paypal question

Guest johnkolk

Guest johnkolk

Hi I'm new so sorry if I'm asking silly questions???

Firstly Sir William's fix for email? Can I use this and not worry about the new 3.0.6 as I think I may run into even more problems trying to upgrade what I have now and the only thing I don't have working ok at this stage is the email to tell me when i get an order??

While I have your attention... can anyone tell me if I can have product numbers on an attribute like a color? as i may have a product item number 123 which comes in red and white and I may have 3 of each in stock but if i sell out of the white how will my customer know as it still says i have 3 of the original 6 left? At the moment I don't use the stock amount but i would like to, any ideas?

And lastly PAYPAL ... I quess to receive orders from over seas I need a payment system (i currently just have bank deposits for payment) but after having a quick look at paypal it appears they can't pay in New Zealand dollars and I feel if I make it $US I might confuse people... any ideas? or am I wrong about being able to pay by paypal in $NZ or is there a better payment system?

Any input would be great

Cheers

Johnny

www.adultparty.co.nz

Firstly Sir William's fix for email? Can I use this and not worry about the new 3.0.6 ....

Usually all the fixes given in this forum are tested and do work, specially when coming from posters such as Sir_Williams.

(This does not mean that i underestimate any other poster as each and every one has is own special skills and value.) :)

Every update of CC has something new and a lot of fixed bugs etc that you might never use or come accross. It is better for you to always update to the latest version.

This is my personnal opinion :)

Guest estelle

While I have your attention... can anyone tell me if I can have product numbers on an attribute like a color? as i may have a product item number 123 which comes in red and white and I may have 3 of each in stock but if i sell out of the white how will my customer know as it still says i have 3 of the original 6 left? At the moment I don't use the stock amount but i would like to, any ideas?

Having the ability to have separate stock levels for each of your product options has been requested a few times before, but a mod for this is not yet available.

See this thread.

And about PayPal - it looks like you can't maintain a NZ balance, but you could probably still receive payments in NZ dollars, then they would be converted to US dollars before being added to your account (and PayPal grab 1.5% each time they perform foreign exchange). Then when you want to withdraw money into a NZ bank account, PayPal would convert your money back to NZ dollars.

I'm not sure, but the customer may not even see the currency conversion, because if your website is setup to receive NZ dollars, and the buyer has a NZ credit card, then no currency conversion is needed until the funds hit your account.