featured Products

Guest candifloss

Guest candifloss

Is the an easy way to remove a stack of products from the featured product space WITHOUT editing each item seperatly, I have tried downloading the main inventory table and editing that but it made no difference.

Heres Hoping

Cheers

Chris

Guest estelle

Chris,

You mean the Latest Products on your homepage? I can tell you a quick way to reset them all to zero, and then you could manually add the ones that you want...

Estelle.

Guest estelle

Run this SQL command in phpMyAdmin, and if you use a prefix for your tables you will need to change CubeCart_inventory to the correct name for your inventory table (e.g. prefix_CubeCart_inventory)

UPDATE `CubeCart_inventory` SET showFeatured='0'

Guest candifloss

Thanks for that. What I dont understand is why didnt my manual aproach work. I downloaded the table into a csv and edited it via excel uploaded it again, and they still show in featured prods, yet if i edit the product then save it it no longer shows in fetured products? what else is updated does anyone know

Guest estelle

That probably explains it then ;). That part of phpMyAdmin is just for running SQL queries/commands, so it only accepts SQL files.

I actually started writing up some instructions on how to import your inventory from a CSV file - have a look here. Its sort of complete but I may not have explained some things properly.

Guest candifloss

sorry I should have said as well i used the 'Insert data from a text file into the table' which gives a new screen, and using that made no difference either. it has populated the table with the correct info - just that cc doesnt take any notice of it until i edit the product and resave the change.

Guest estelle

Candifloss,

CubeCart can only read whatever is stored in the database. So if the item is still showing up in Latest Products, you're method of importing your inventory has not properly updated your database.

If you do want to be able to import data from a CSV file, please refer to the instructions and SQL commands that I have put on my website, and I would be happy to answer any questions about these instructions.

Estelle.