New Problems....Shipping/Testing

Guest tstrad07

Guest tstrad07

I have created a Sandbox account to test download functions and all I get is "purchase failed" but also cubecart is adding shipping charges to the regular price of my products and there shouldn't be any because I've set them up as digital downloads and don't want to charge shipping. I have gone thru all of the shipping catergories to make sure they were correct and the default shipping is still showing up.......please help :sourcerer:

20 minutes later....I went into cubecart admin and checked orders and it show the test order pending and I change it manually to processing...but this would seriously suck if I had to do this everytime......at least I know the download link works great as well as the email system....any suggestions?

Guest estelle

Are you only selling digital products? Why don't you enable Free Shipping and disable everything else?

If you're having problems getting PayPal gateway to work, there a massive thread on it here thanks to Sir William. Also it might be worth upgrading to 3.0.5 if you're not already on it, because Brooky included Sir Will's fixes into 3.0.5.

Guest estelle

I can't see anything wrong with your shipping. Where is it being charged? It shows Free Shipping for me.

If you upgrade you will not need to start again, but you will need to reapply any mods that you have installed, and make sure you backup all files and your database before you upgrade.

Guest tstrad07

My bad....in cube cart it shows free shipping but when you go to Paypal to pay, it add shipping onto the normal price. When I tested it....thats what happen. Are you familiar with the upgrade procedure and is it hard to do?

Guest tstrad07

When you say "mods" do you mean moderations/changes or addons? Hope your not losing patience with me. I'm good at other computer stuff but when it comes to shopping carts....completely lost.

Guest estelle

Yes, "mods" are add-ons. Stands for modifications.

Upgrading is pretty easy. You upload the new CubeCart files, and run the database upgrade. Just follow the instructions.

Its slightly more complicated if you have made changes to any of the files (and I'm not talking about changes to settings/products/etc which are stored in your database - that is all taken care of during the upgrade).

1. If you have made changes to your skin files, its best if you rename the skin, because then you don't have to worry about your changes being overwritten.

2. You might want to make a backup of languages/en/home.inc.php, and restore it after you upgrade. Otherwise you will write your homepage from scratch.