Stock Level

Guest janey

I am having trouble with my site simplycards the stock level isn't working which makes it hard for me, I have checked general settings and products and they are checked use stock level, any ideas? I am using Cube cart 3.0.0. Regards Jane :rolleyes:

Guest estelle

I see you have one of Jen's skins :wacko:

What exactly is the problem with the stock level? Is it not reducing when a customer completes a purchase? What payment gateways are you using?

Also, I don't even remember how many bugs have been fixed since 3.0.0..... you should probably upgrade to the latest version, and Sir William has made a special upgrade to script to simplify the process of upgrading through multiple versions.

Estelle.

Hi Estelle

I have Paypal, Nochex and Print order form. It seems to have been since I installed the new skin actually. I have no idea how to install as my friend installed the current one and he is too ill to do it. Regards Jane

I see you have one of Jen's skins ;)

What exactly is the problem with the stock level? Is it not reducing when a customer completes a purchase? What payment gateways are you using?

Also, I don't even remember how many bugs have been fixed since 3.0.0..... you should probably upgrade to the latest version, and Sir William has made a special upgrade to script to simplify the process of upgrading through multiple versions.

Estelle.

Sorry I forgot to say the problem is it's not reducing when someone buys something Jane

Guest estelle

Jane,

I very much doubt that the skin would have caused a problem with the reduction of stock levels.

Stock levels are only reduced when the status of the order changes from Pending to Processing. If you are using an automatic payment gateway such as PayPal, if you have it configured correctly the orders should be set to Processing when the customer completes payment and returns to your website. If your orders are still set to Pending, then please refer to Sir Williams thread "Getting PayPal IPN AutoReturn to work".

With the Print Order Form, stock levels will never be automatically reduced, because the point is that you normally don't want to reduce the stock level unless the payment has successfully been received. So for customer's who select Print Order Form, you will need to edit the order and manually change the status from Pending to Processing. Also, the customer does not automatically receive an email, unless you click the link after you have changed the status of the order.

Estelle.