someone, give me a reason

Guest brosville

Guest brosville

I've just spent the last couple of days trying to get cubcart to work - it installs well, isn't over-bloated, and appears to work well - UNTIL you try to configure Paypal - I've spent a day and a half on it, -it still refuses to work (transaction failed) :)

Having yet again ensured that my client had "switched everything on" in his Paypal control panel - it STILL refuses to work. I thought it may be the vagaries of Firefox, so tried it in IE - even worse, you put something in the basket - you then "view basket" and the damned thing's empty! (it works in Firefox) ;)

total despair, am contemplating ripping the damn thing out, and looking for a cart that actually WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Sorry, just sick and fed up with the total waste of my time! :wacko:

I have registered and placed an order item in basket and made it to paypal screen obviously couldnt go no further as im not parting with money but i couldnt see a problem.

using ie6

and i can send screen shots if wanted to prove it in basket???

Guest brosville

this is just getting silly - I went back to the site using IE - yet again, you put something in the cart - "view cart" - empty!. In Firefox you actually get the item(s) in the cart, and go through all the stages until the moment you're "handed over" to Paypal - you're invited to "try again" :rolleyes:

Guest brosville

this is getting weird! :wacko:

In desperation, I cleared the cookies on IE, rebooted the computer, cleared the cookies again, and actually succeeded in making a 1p payment through the "Express checkout" - much cheered, I cleared the Firefox cookies, and tried again using Firefox - "transaction failed" - again! :)

I'll try the same trick with Firefox (could this be a "cookie problem" which may account for the exasperations of many of us trying to integrate Paypal?) :rolleyes:

Guest brosville

getting there! I've now got it working in both Firefox and IE for "expreess cart" - works fine, but it doesn't work with direct payment - hopefully that'll be relatively easy to fix! :wacko:

This really makes me wonder if the problems many report with Paypal may be solely down to the cookies getting the user's computers knickers in a twist! :rolleyes: