how to edit index.tpl

this keeps coming up on dreamwever to edit the page

{HOME_TITLE}

{HOME_CONTENT}

{LANG_LATEST_PRODUCTS}

{VAL_PRODUCT_NAME}

{TXT_PRICE} {TXT_SALE_PRICE}

do i have a problem on my side or is it i just don't know how to go about editing.

Guest sunshine

Hi Blue3,

You can do a web search for 'CSS Editor' or go to 'Cnet.com' and go to the bottom of their main page. Once there, click 'Downloads.com' spam free site and search there. They offer freebies and trial versions.

Does your Dreamweaver come with 'TopStyle'? That program allows you to see changes and you make changes.They also hve the pro version $$ and other brands to can actually merge the sheets together at once so you can view the print version.

You have to look at it in code, layout view doesn't work. If you configure Dreamweaver to notice tpl files it will show some of the tables and cells. But you really are stuck working with the code.

Jen

thanks very much you made my day i though it was going to be hopeless as i don't know to much about css but understand changes visually, as you can see in my alienware post.

Yes, I understand, I started out the same way too. With a little html knowledge. Dreamweaver with it's great layout view does handicap you because you never learn any code. CC3 has forced me to learn code and I'm glad because now I understand the "behind the scenes" workings of web pages and now my regular Dreamweaver sites will be much better.

Jen