Credit Card Payment Authorization

Guest chaleepas

Guest chaleepas

I am very new to this, just installed cubecart yesterday, got alot of things set up including changing the stylesheets and images.

However, I didn't see an option anywhere in administration about setting things up so people could pay by credit card.

Can someone please explain what I am supposed to do here to get that working?

I saw there were options such as enabling paypal and other payment types except for credit cards.

Please help! ;)

Thank you,

Charlena

Guest chaleepas

Well, my boss might care for one, since I am researching this for him.

I really am a nubie at this so don't know the first thing about getting this set-up (so please be kind). I noticed in admin that it wants a couple of different pieces of information.

Merchant ID (I think we might already have this as we accept credit cards for phone orders) Authorization ID?? Is this something CubeCart provides or authorize.net?

One of the things I noticed about cubecart is the simplicity so far in setting it up. But it gets a little sticky when you start looking into other areas such as SSL, that looks like it also might be challenging I haven't done anything with that as of yet.

Thank you for any assistance.

It depends on who you are processing credit cards through. The ID is something you get from your credit card host. In the case of something like authorize.net all that info comes from them. When your company processes credit cards do they use a virtual (software) terminal or an actual piece of hardware? If they send the credit card information to be processed, who do they send the information to? Cube Cart has support for about 18 different payment systems all accesible through your admin/gateways. There are mods for a few more.

What I meant in my last post regarding Pay Pal and Authorize.net is that these services have shopping carts that they partner with and therefore list their names. It does not mean that other carts cannot use their services. I know companies using Cube Cart that use Athorize and most use Pay Pal even though Cube Cart is not listed as a cart on their sites. It means nothing.

I suggest your client decide on a processing service (one that Cube Cart supports of course) then when you get your information, ID #'s and other information, we can then help you set it up.