Product options modification required

Guest chrismaber

Guest chrismaber

I have a cart that sells pneumatic cylinders, the cylinders are sold as a basic cylinder cost plus an additional charge of $0.10/mm of stroke length required.

We have added the basic cylinder as a product then we have also added a mm/stoke as another product which is all fine but……..

If a customer wanted to order two basic cylinders of the same type with say one with 150mm of stroke and the other with say 300mm of stroke the order comes in as 2 Basic Cylinders with 450mm worth of stroke.

Of course the customer could add in the comments area what the break up of each cylinder is in regards to mm of stroke for each cylinder but I thought the better option would be as follows.

The customer could order a basic cylinder and as for the mm of stroke required the customer could type in to a field the required mm of stroke as a product option which would then in turn be multiplied by the cost per mm constant to give the final charge.

At the moment under product options there is a selection to + or - or N/A to the basic cost but I thought a mod may be available out there to x (multiply) by an amount editable under the administration area of the cart for the particular option.

I am sorry if it sounds a little confusing and I that I have explained myself and my probelm adequatley.

If this is not currently available I would be happy to pay for the modification if is possible and reasonably priced.

Thanks in advance. :w00t:

There is currently no direct method to do what you're wanting, but you could certainly contract one of us modders to write you a custom option mod. I know there are 2 or 3 of us for sure who can accomplish what you're asking with no problem. :homestar: