Cn i upload a CSV file with all my products?

Guest pcurtis

Guest estelle

CubeCart doesn't have the functionality to allow this right now, although I believe Sir William was working on a mod for this so you might want to contact him.

You could also import your CSV file straight into the database using phpMyAdmin or similar software. I do this myself, and I've written up some instructions here. You will need to make sure the columns are identical to the columns in the CubeCart_inventory. You will need to have had some experience with tables and databases. PM me if you give it a go and have any questions.

Estelle.

• 11 months later...
Guest niall101

CubeCart doesn't have the functionality to allow this right now, although I believe Sir William was working on a mod for this so you might want to contact him.

You could also import your CSV file straight into the database using phpMyAdmin or similar software. I do this myself, and I've written up some instructions here. You will need to make sure the columns are identical to the columns in the CubeCart_inventory. You will need to have had some experience with tables and databases. PM me if you give it a go and have any questions.

Estelle.

Hi Estelle,

I have read your instructions and have a question - can this be done through PhpMyAdmin? As far as I know you are not able to import data from a file on your PC into a server database using PhpMyAdmin. I also tried uploading the CSV file to the server but when I ran the SQL sctipt the file could not be found (I tried a few directories with no success).

I think this command only works with a MySQL prompt but as my shop is on a shared server I only have access to the database using PhpMyAdmin. Hopefully I have made a mistake and it is possible but can you confirm how you get it to work?

Thanks

niall101

It can be done via PHPMyAdmin, and you can upload a file from your PC, but the file has to be exactly right or it will fail. Then you have to update the cats_idx table and the _category table correctly. While these things are not necessarily hard, I would not recommend them to anybody without a fair amount of database knowledge and PHPMyAdmin experience.

Also like Estelle said, there is a free and a commercial mod available on CubeCart.org that can do the import for you. You may want to check that option out as well. There's a link to the site in my sig.

:^^: