Default currency not accepted by Paypal

Guest Legion©

Guest Legion©

Hiya peeps,

I've just upgraded to 3.05 from 2 point something (fresh install) and set up the Paypal IPN as per instructions here.

The problem I have is that PayPal won't accept payments in NZD, so I have to pass it through as USD. What I need to do is have the default currency set as NZD for the customers to see (and disable the currency box as we're not selling to anyone else), but still have CC pass the transaction to Paypal as USD.

Anyone know of a way to do this?

An alternative is another payment gateway that doesn't have yearly/monthly charges, can accept transactions in NZD, and not charge too much per transaction (ie less than 5%). At this stage there isn't enough of a customer base to support a yearly/monthly fee.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Store is (temporarily) at http://www.legionenterprises.co.nz/store/

I dont have an answer for you but agree 100%

On a seperate (but related note), as there are a number of NZ customers here, I think we need to band together and set up a NZ direct bank credit gateway

On a completely seperate note, on your site, you should look at it when the browser is not expanded 100%... there are some "shrinking" UI issues with the category names getting smushed and wrapping funny and top logo getting pushed behind the search box.

Guest Legion©

I'd love to set something like that up, but I wouldn't even know where to start - perhaps it's a business opportunity for someone out there that does know :homestar:

I'm working on the layout as we speak. Just trying to work out how to move the search box to the right hand side (lower down) and the catagories to the left pane.

Guest Legion©

*Bump* Nobody has any ideas?

I saw this from Estelle in another topic, is this the sort of track I need to go down? Set the default currency to NZ, and then override in the PayPal gateway module?

If so what is the file I need to change, and what would the new code be?

Essentially the cart must default to NZD, but pass to Paypal in USD.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I need to get this sorted before I can get the cart live!

Ahh, okay. If you look in modules/Print_Order_Form/orderForm.php, there's a few lines related to currencies:

CODE

// get exchange rates etc override users curency if need be

if($module['multiCurrency']==0){

$ccUserData[0]['currency'] = $config['defaultCurrency'];

}

include_once("../../../includes/currencyVars.inc.php");

I think you'd want to edit includes/orderSuccess.inc.php, where Sir William's email fix is, and perhaps do something similar. But you'll have to look into it...

Estelle.

Hi All !

I have the same problem

I have setup my products & shipping in Indian Rupees(INR), second currency is US$.

If someone select US$ (while shopping at store) it shows everything fine upto cart, BUT when we checkout with Paypal it picks INR prices (not the converted) and shows these prices AS US$ even if I make US$ as my default currency in admin>General Settings (i.e. if a product is of INR 100.00 at Paypal it will be US$ 100.00) If anyone can help me with this ? ;)

Here is my Store if someone want to check, can Login with [email protected] password 1234 :w00t:

Default currency should be picked while checking out to Paypal, Cube Cart need to a have pemanent solution to this as lots of users facing this issue.

Anyone? :)

Yunus

Guest Legion©

Hi Yunus,

Sounds like you've got a few problems there. From what I understand, the currency passed to PayPal is the default one (US$ in your case). As far as the amount being wrong, are your currency values set up right (if US$ is default, that should be 1.0000, with INR being the conversion amount)?

That's the only thing that I can think of that would cause both to show up as the same amount at checkout.

Just had a go on your site, you seem to have disabled US currency, and the PayPal gateway. I did get an error checking out with the CCavenue gateway though -

ERROR !!!

Invalid CHECKSUM

:huh:

Guest topdeadcenter

I seem to be having this problem too. My default currency is Canadian and I get a "unsupported currency" error in my Pay Pal log and an "order failed" error result screen.

I tried setting my Pay Pal default to Canadian. I'll see if this helps.