Email links gone haywire

Guest Legion©

Guest Legion©

Hiya folks,

I've just stuck a small problem with my store while I was getting everything configured.

On all of the mailto: links in docs (such as the 'Contact Us' page) there seems to be a problem whereby the site address is prefixed.

ie, http://www.legionenterprises.co.nz/store/m...terprises.co.nz

Any ideas why this might have happened?

I originally copied and pasted the docs from my CC2 docs, but when I discovered what had happened I went back and edited the links. In the Rich Text Editor (which annoyingly doesn't work in Firefox ;) ) clicking on the 'link' icon brings up a box showing is as an 'Email' Link Type, with the correct address in the Email Address box.

Hi there Legion©,

Usually the IE is that has problems with FCK and FF works fine but in your case its diferent, you never know with computers ;)

I can only suggest to look in FF tools/options and enable something that might stop fck from working such as privacy/cookies or in the web features and also try and remove the email links and redo them.

Also try if there is a newer version of FF is available, 1.07 is the latest.

Hope this helps.

Guest Legion©

Hi vrakas,

I'm using FF 1.07 ;)

I'm not too worried about the editor not working - getting the email links is more important atm. Any ideas on that little glitch?

I've redone the links completely a couple of times. Removed them, gone out of the editor, and back in again, then re-linked - still does exactly the same thing :(

Guest Legion©

In the editor it doesn't give me the option of typing in the markup - or is there a switch I haven't found? All I can do is either type in the addy, and it puts the markup around it (and hides it making it look like an underlined link in a normal document), or select the 'Link' button and give it the address.

Guest sunshine

To the upper left of the editor it there is a litttle box 'Source'. Click that and the page will refresh. Then paste your xhtml and click update. It should take. The main window, WITHOUT refreshing is used for standard input while the source input allows you to make/input code changes or text.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, if there is any coding in there, delete it before inserting your xhtml

Guest Legion©

Thanks, somehow I had managed to miss the Source button :wacko:

Even deleting the entire document and putting in only the link for the email is doing the same thing.

<a href="mailto:[email protected]">Email Us!</a>

That's the code I used initially, then I remembered having the same prob with CC2 which was solved by using:

<a href=mailto:[email protected]>Email Us!</a>

but it went and put the ""'s back in there anyway :wacko: so the problem is still there.

Guest sunshine

Alright, well, personally I haven't linked email like that and here's why: Because there are spam bots that scout sites for email links and then of course, you know what can happen.

What I've done (and you might like) is to create your site docs and add a text link [Contact Us] to your text where appropriate that will lead to your r 'Contact Us' page. Then, your 'Contact Us' page can have an email form that allows customers or guests to input an inquiry without opening their email folder.

I purchased an Email Form Mod from Estelle-she offer two differant type. Excellent and clean plus the bad bots don't get your email addy.

Guest Legion©

Thanks, I may end up doing that, just to make damn sure we're contactable before the site goes live.

This damn cart is getting expensive with all the mods I keep buying :wacko:

Sir William's Catagory order mod, Rukshan's spider mod, someone elses coupon mod...