Site docs fail to update

Guest ukkw

When i try to amend the front page description.. the one that starts with Welcome to Cubecart on the front of the shop it does not change.

I enter my new text in, press the button, the screen updates and its gone back to the orginal text again.. any ideas

v3.05

thanks

Hi ukkw

If you want to change "Welcome to CubeCart" this can be done at admin> Homepage

Change it with anything in field > Title:

Hope it works

Yunus

PS: URL in post, always help better ;)

Hi thats the problem.. when i use that method and type the details in the box and click save the screen refreshes and the old text is back !

Is ok on any other site doc but not the welcome

Guest dnrecht

I am running 3.0.4 and have same trouble. Everything else seems to configure correctly, but can't get changes for title or text box of the home page to save.

I am running 3.0.4 and have same trouble. Everything else seems to configure correctly, but can't get changes for title or text box of the home page to save.

You have to temporarily change the permissions of the homepage file (chmod 0777) to get it to 'save'.... if you do a seach on 'homepage edit' or suchlike you'll find instructions.

EDIT: It's actually addressed in the pinned topic at the top of this page: "Most Common Probems and Questions, almost all Answered Here".... answer here