fingers crossed!

Guest brosville

Guest brosville

having had a few struggles, I've managed to get the Paypal gateways up and running. My client, however, is not that keen on using them-I've trawled all the "gateway"sites, and all seem dreadfully lacking in some aspect or another (add to that, the most appalling attitudes), and are all ludicrously expensive, and usually a pig to set up! - my client, who runs a small provincial camera shop is not willing to pay a lot of "upfront fees" to dip his toe in the water. He uses a secure server page at the moment to accept payments fom his old non e-commerce site- he receives the pgp encrypted details, and punches them into his card machine. I've just come off the 'phone to our server people- they have already built a module to allow payments to go from the cart to the secure server page - and have quoted a princely £35 to set it up! I'll be giving them the go-ahead sometime later today,and will be pleased to give them a hefty plug when it's up and running - it may well be a good solution for other people wanting to "start gently" - my client is quite happy to manually enter the details into his credit card terminal, so for low volumes, it may be the answer- I'll keep you all posted! ;)

Guest brosville

yeeehhhaaaaaaaaaa! -it works! :D

I'm more than a bit chuffed - it looks like an ideal way to go for someone with low volumes, who already has a card terminal! It cost £35 to set up (one off), then you need a pgp certificate, and the secure server page. This was done by the internet hosting company I've used virtually since their start in 1998 - can't recommend them highly enough - they're not the cheapest, but give a good, consistent year round service - well deserved plug for "Swift Internet" - nice blokes to deal with too! (usual disclaimers)

If you want to have a look at what they've done for me, go to the "bare bones" and have a rootle around! Camera Centre :(

Best £35 I've spent in ages, and my client is chuffed to pieces! :unsure:

Guest brosville

you get a pgp encrypted email with the information contained in it - all you have to do is read the info, and bash it into your terminal! :(

I've had a really busy day, and have only just had a proper look at the job they've done - I was expecting there to be visible "seams" - there aren't any! - I was expecting the 'gateways" section to look "hacked" in some way- it's now just another option - I'm well pleased - they did a really ace job! :unsure:

Do you have control over the page on the secure server? ie the style of it?

I was thining about using it was somthing over than cubecart (hotel booking system i am writting) can they just supply me with the service?

Cheers

A

Guest brosville

I'm pretty sure they can - they're very approachable - send them an email, or give them a ring - they'll jolly soon tell you! I intially emailed them the details - he came back to me, and said - no problems - £35- quick confirmation of order - 36 hours later, up and running! :unsure:

Guest brosville

ps, I'm pretty sure you can edit the "look" of the payment page - I did it on the old page in which you had to enter the amount manually - it's on the same secure server, so can't see any problems! :unsure: