Microsoft Exchange Email?

Guest chaleepas

Guest chaleepas

I am having problems configuring the email set up. Apparantly we don't use and SMTP email server, our company is using exchange.

Any ideas on how I can set things up so I can get email confirmations to work correctly?

Thank you.

:unsure:

Guest chaleepas

Interesting, when I asked my network administrator how I should configure the mail settings this was the reply I received:

You'll need to find out if HostM offers SMTP relaying from web sites they host, because what this (below) wants is something we won't be able to accommodate.

It wants an SMTP server for delivering e-mail, but to point it to anything here on our network would violate the fundamentals of spam blocking, open relaying, etc. To put it another way, we'd have to open up our locked-down e-mail access on the outside to this process. If the web server hosting it was on our network, no problem for us to allow SMTP to our Exchange server, as everything internal is trusted.

My guess is that this is not an uncommon thing, as most organizations inhibit relaying from network to network. But... if they had a relay on their own network, where our web pages also reside, they could "forward" messages to a supplied @ourdomain.com address and viola! problem solved. This HAS to be a service they would provide is my guess.

If they had the slightest clue as to what they were doing (your Exchange server admins), they'd have SMTP Auth enabled and CC would have no problem sending mail through it. It fully supports authenticated sends.

Tell them it would an SMTP Auth send on a legitimate account. See what they say.

:P

Guest chaleepas

This appears to be an entirely different situation I think, because our domain is not tied to our hosting account. We have a separate dns server to control things. It was done because of the special arrangements we have with using spam filtering program, exchange, and internal servers, etc... sigh