Backing up Database and PHP files

Guest timecrisis

Guest timecrisis

Ello again,

Sorry if this is slightly off topic,

I am trying to set up a program on my PC that will back up the Database and also all the PHP files everyday.

I posted about this before and found a nice script to do this..

I have started to have a lof of sites to look after now and would like to find a .exe that can sit on my pc and runs automagically..

Has anyone used something like this?

I was thinking of using some sort of macro creator but think this might be a bit complicated....

Thankyou :unsure:

Guest EverythingWeb

Why not run an FTP server on your home machine... then at set intervals (daily maybe) have the 'server' tar up the files and database (nice script for that, I have) and open an FTP connection to your home machine, and put the files in it.

Worth a thought.

Guest timecrisis

Hmmmm...Thanks for the reply

I just like the idea of having a exe...i am not eally that savvy with servers etc...

I have found a piece of software that I am looking at but cannot get it to connect...

I don't suppose you know which would be the standard port for MYSQL connection?!

Thanks

Guest timecrisis

yes that is exactly the problem I think...It sems a lot of hosts don't allow this...Although I have a setting on my Cpanel to create a remore connection but I need to add either an IP or a domain name...

So unless I have a fixed IP then I won't be able to do it?

Thanks for the reply =)