2 KB image upload limit?

I have searched the forum for an hour but I can't find anything on this. When I upload images in the control panel under upload images it won't let me upload anything over 2kb - that's just not big enough but I can't figure out where to change it! Please let me know.

thanks!

Terri

As an admin you keep the right to limit the size of files to be uploaded. Just make an appropriate change in "Max Upload Filesize:" in the "Store Settings" section.

• 1 month later...
Guest Brinkley

How about if I get the same error but it doesn't matter what the max filesize is set to.

For example:

I try to upload an image that is 32K and max is set to 20000K.

I get this. Error: image.JPG is over 19.5 KB

I've tried various file size/ max size combinations. Image file is always larger than is allowed.

Cubecart 3.02

PHP 4.3.11

Any ideas?

Guest Brinkley

I thought I would let everyone know what happened with this incase anyone was waiting to see how this panned out.

I didn't fix the problem.

I don't know what the problem was.

I am on a server that offers a package called fantastico that automatically installs the 3.06 script for me.

I did check and set folder permissions ect. but didn't spend any time digging in the php to find out what the real issue was.

When I downloaded Cube Cart 3.07 and did a manual install, the script works and the problem no longer exist.

So it was either a problem with 3.06 cubecart or a problem with the way fantastico installs the script.

So if you are having this problem and have installed your script via fantastico, I recommend downloading the lastest version from the cubecart website and do the install yourself.

• 2 months later...
Guest teknia

I am on a server that offers a package called fantastico that automatically installs the 3.06 script for me. When I downloaded Cube Cart 3.07 and did a manual install, the script works and the problem no longer exist. So it was either a problem with 3.06 cubecart or a problem with the way fantastico installs the script.

So if you are having this problem and have installed your script via fantastico, I recommend downloading the lastest version from the cubecart website and do the install yourself.

I'm inclined to not blame Fantastico. I have installed several CC stores using Fantastico.

Out of the blue, one of them (3.0.5) has about 30 products in it with lots of pics around 30 kb.

Product 31 gave me the 2kb limit error.

Folder permissions are set to 755

Also good attempt:

As an admin you keep the right to limit the size of files to be uploaded. Just make an appropriate change in "Max Upload Filesize:" in the "Store Settings" section.

Changing the data for this setting doesn't seem to correct the problem.

But...

Maybe a work-around! :wacko:

I was able to upload a 40 kb graphic (jpg) and then select it from the CC Control panel. So far, so good.

(Looks for fingers-crossed smiley) :D