Print order form status pending

Guest Fly Fort

Guest Fly Fort

Hi,

I want to use the print order form with my cart as an additional option.

But if you pay with Paypal then pending status will normally automaticly disappear when the payment is done.

What happens with the status of Print order Form???

Is it possible that you add an extra button for those who want to use this option, and when we click on it that the status can be changed from pending to paid???

And if this is done like that, the number of articles for that product will also be adjusted.

Maybe a new feature???

Thanks in advance

Setting it straight to paid would mean you where saying the item was paid for where really at that stage the customer is still to print of the form and send it to you with the correct details...

Print Order Form is a MANUAL payment prosses so as to make sure that the payment is recived by yourself... once you recieve the form you can then log into admin control pannel find the order and change the status yourself...

Guest estelle

What happens with the status of Print order Form???

Is it possible that you add an extra button for those who want to use this option, and when we click on it that the status can be changed from pending to paid???

And if this is done like that, the number of articles for that product will also be adjusted.

The status is always set to Pending following an order via Print Order Form.

There is already functionality in Admin to change the status to Processing (ie. Paid). Simply go to Orders, click on an order number, change the status to Processing and press update/save - this will automatically reduce the stock levels.

Estelle :w00t:

Guest scoobylou

Following on from the intiial post I have had two orders go through - the Paypal did not update to completed automatically - does the purchaser need to click return to merchant for this to happen?? When I set the order to completed it did not update the stock levels - I have had to do this manually - any help most appreciated! :w00t:

Scooby

Guest estelle

Scooby - firstly, if you're talking about PayPal then you're in the wrong thread. Now in answer to your question...

PayPal should switch the status from PENDING to PROCESSING. This will reduce the stock level, and means the order is paid but it has not been dispatched.

Then you can, if you want, manually switch the status to COMPLETED. This has no real effect except to show a new status for the order.

If PayPal is not setting the status to PROCESSING, that you have set it up incorrectly and you should read Sir Williams "Getting PayPal IPN to work!" thread.

If the status is still set to PENDING following an order, *never* set it directly to COMPLETED, because the PROCESSING stage needs to be passed through to reduce the stock levels. I think Brooky is considering changing this functionality to simplify it a bit

Estelle.