Windows server

I used CubeCart2 and have recently switched to a new webhost. I have been unable to get cubecart installed on the new server - and gave up. Now I am trying again and would like to use CubeCart3 if possible. The new server is Windows and not LInux.

Lorrie Boldrick

Guest Marcel R

CubeCart 3.x does run on Windows 2003 with MySQL and PHP installed.

The CubeCart installer doesn't work 100% with Windows servers. I haven't been able to install it to my system either .. although doing nothing wrong.

(I know because I have several other advanced PHP-applications running (reading, writing and executing files/scripts) on the same system.)

It is something with CubeCart .. // Marcel

Guest toys4mobiles.com

You can install cubecart easily in a windows server...

Just need to make sure all the security permissions are set correctly for certain files.

If you have to install PHP, MySQL etc yourself make sure the security permissions are set correct again for certain files and folders.

They are to 2 mistakes I made as a beginner, however once I grasped this, it was straigh forward. Also, make sure you download the latest Cubecart (currently 3.0.6) as previous versions (3.0.4) didn't like Windows XP with IIS 5.1. If your webhost is using Windows Server 2003 then IIS 6 is used so the microsoft bugs in 5.1 don't apply.

XAMPP is good if you want to install on a test machine (but this uses Apache).

Guest estelle

XAMPP is good if you want to install on a test machine (but this uses Apache).

XAMPP is awesome, isn't it! I setup Apache and MySQL on my notebook and it was incredibly easy.... perfect for setting up test stores.

Guest ThaDragon

You can even put xampp on a pen drive... and run a web server on a clients machine to show them your web work!!

Great compilation of applications!!

i need to test that :blink: but yeah i had som errors on a windows 2003 server but i gonna try xampp now */* hope it work then :)

Guest ThaDragon

You can even put xampp on a pen drive... and run a web server on a clients machine to show them your web work!!

i need to test that ;) but yeah i had som errors on a windows 2003 server but i gonna try xampp now :D hope it work then :D

ooohhhh man i love this thing B) but what about the safe-mode for php do i need that to be on or of ?

Guest hennaboy

i need to test that :) but yeah i had som errors on a windows 2003 server but i gonna try xampp now :P hope it work then B)

What errors did you get? I have installed cc since 3.0.3 and never had a problem

MS SQL and MySQL though based on the same idea are compleatly diffrent... im supprised CC would run atall as alot of the comands are diffrent between MS SQL and MySQL...

CC is built for MySQL... but i did update v 3.0.3 a while back to work with PostGreg Db..