Stcuk at step 2

Guest Marcel R

Guest Marcel R

Hi. I'm interested in trying out the Cube Cart application but unfortunately I even can't get past step 2 in the installation. :D I hope someone out there can help me sort things out to let me install this monster.

Installer says:

File / Folder - Current Permission - Required Permission:

images/uploads/ - 0777 - 0777

images/uploads/thumbs/ - 0777 - 0777

includes/global.inc.php - 0666 - 0777

pear/tmp/ - 0777 - 0777

.. but I know that (0666) isn't true - my global.inc.php is fully editable even by 'everyone' as we're speaking. And secondly, I'm very familiar with IIS6 and Windows servers. Any help would be greately appreciated.

Yours sincerely // Marcel

@Marcel 0666 access mod for file means everyone (owner, group, world) can read and write, thats true. Last required bite is missing - right to execute this file. I dont know about your windoze version, but execute right is definitely missing.

I am not familiar wit a IIS for many years, setting for directory where this file is located CAN EXECUTE SCRIPT (dont know right name for this LOL) may be helps, but i am predicting that file system rights could be set primary for.

Guest Marcel R

Last required bite is missing - right to execute this file.

The thing is that there is no difference in the permission structure of the CubeCart directory tree. :sourcerer: Every file and directory has the same permissions set, but the CubeCart installation still can't read, write or execute the 'includes/global.inc.php' file (or what ever it is trying to do the file), which it at the same time says it can to the other directories.

Another test I did was to set the permissions to READ ONLY for the whole directory tree and files and then ran the CubeCart installation again. Unfortunately the installer still stated what it had some full 0777 permissions to the uploads, thumbs and the tmp directories although I know KNEW it hadn't anymore.

Let's say I know what I am doing, is it possible to jump to step 3 manually by altering the adress of the browser by myself, without loosing any critical installer data?

from: http://webshop.xxxxxx.se/install/index.php...p=2&skip=1&l=en

to: http://webshop.xxxxxx.se/install/index.php...p=3&skip=1&l=en

Sincerely // Marcel

On windows servers the CMODs are not needed you can simply skip the step its not easily shown but simply edit the URL changing the 2 to a 3... Your store will work fine, this is simply because using linux servers CMOD is inforced alot more...

Brooky can i sugest that you update the installation file so that if it is a windows server is skips the CHMOD Checks...

Guest Marcel R

simply edit the URL changing the 2 to a 3...

Hello aikdo.

I've already tried that. Problem is, the installer stops again at step 4 when the installer claims it can't write to my settings 'global.inc.php' which in my opinion isn't my fault but the installers..

Now, I've tried putting other advanced PHP-applications into the same directory as the CubeCart and then running each of the applications installer. Every install was successfull but the CubeCart! This is really weird and I think something is wrong.

//Marcel

Guest Marcel R

Try to manage this function to return allways TRUE  :lol:

Thanks convict.

I changed

function win() {

if(eregi("windows",$_ENV['TERM']) OR eregi("windows",$_ENV['OS'])){

return TRUE;

} else {

return FALSE;

}

}

into

function win() {

return TRUE;

} else {

return TRUE;

}

}

.. and then the installer worked perfectly (successfully writing my settings to global.inc.php).

I strongly suggest the creators of CubeCart have a look att the install script, because for Windows Servers it seems to work much better without the built in permissions check. :wub:

Now I'll off trying out the CubeCart. Thank you both for inspiring and helping!

Sincerely // Marcel

I strongly suggest the creators of CubeCart have a look att the install script, because for Windows Servers it seems to work much better without the built in permissions check.
Function i have mentioned is responsible for this.

Can you post here what ENVIROMENT variable is giving value like windows in your system (no paths, url...etc)? Search for variable beginning like _ENV[ (phpinfo or Server info in CC3 Admin Control Panel).

As far as i know, for linux enviroment is $_ENV['TERM'] allways here and $_ENV['OS'] for win, generally.

Other ways to check for OS:

- $_ENV["windir"] checking, PHP for win only includes this enviroment variable,

- using $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] to check if the path contians 'non-standard' slashes,

- value checking of built-in PHP constant PHP_OS. This is THE MOST PREFERED METHOD

By using just one of methods i have mentioned results can be unreliable for some reasons (like in this case). Its recomended to use some kinds of combinations :wub:

This can be a suggestion to Brooky :lol:

Guest Marcel R

Can you post here what ENVIROMENT variable is giving value like windows in your system (no paths, url...etc)?

My Windows Server 2003 uses the environment variable 'OS' to identify the operating system. At the command prompt, 'echo %os%' returns 'Windows_NT'.

I don't know if that is the info you're looking for. I have very little time at the moment. Tell me if you needed something else and I'll see what I can do tomorrow.

Just a side note: CubeCart works great with my system once it got installed. It seems to be a great product!

Sincerely // Marcel

My Windows Server 2003 uses the environment variable 'OS' to identify the operating system. At the command prompt, 'echo %os%' returns 'Windows_NT'.
You are right.

This should be in PHP _ENV variable [output of phpinfo() function].os.jpg

Do a simple checking.

function win() {

If Windows_NT is a value of $_ENV['OS'], function win() must always return TRUE value.

Guest estelle

Marcel, the only step that is truely important in the installation process is step 3, where you enter the details. As long as you run this step (ie. enter details and click continue), then your global.inc.php file will be setup and your database tables will be installed.

The installation script used to work fine on Windows, its only recently that it is not handling the CHMOD steps correctly for Windows.

Estelle.

I've tried to install CubeCart, and I get stuck at step 3 of the install with the same error message about global.inc.php. I am running Xampp and Windows XP Professional. I've tried changing the index.php to return 'true' as described in this thread, but it does not solve the problem. Any suggestions?

Here too, stuck at step 2 :

includes/global.inc.php 0666 0777

Running XP/PHP5.1.1/Mysql 5.1.16/

Tried under Apache and the Sambar Sambar, but both nogo.

Any solution, without changing code ? I expect that it installs out of the box.

Steffen

www.apachelounge.com

www.sambarserver.info

Guest estelle

Brooky will have to fix the install script...

But in the meantime you can just modify the URL to change the step from 2 to 3.

If you press the continue button and successfully reach step 4, then that is all you need to do for Windows servers (I.e. You don't need to complete step 2, 4 or 5. Just step 3).