2 cubecarts on one domain? does it work?

I have a regular cubecart shop at www.xyz.com I would like to run another cubecart on the subdomain www.ebay.xyz.com Is it just a case of installing the store on the sub domain and creating a new SQL database or will they interfere with each other? (the ftp space is shared but the subdomain would have its own folder for its own files).

I cant risk any problems because the main store is live.

anyone already done it? or am I worrying about nothing?

Thanks vrakas,

but i had already found those, mine are not exactly on the same domain because one would be on xyz.com and the other ebay.xyz.com so I guess they wouldnt interfere but I cant be sure?

Anyone done anything similar? Would I just create new Bin and lib folders in the sub domains folder/directory and it would work ok?

I dont have another site to re create the situation on (ie create sub domains) and i cant risk messing up the main site as its live and processing orders all the time.

I have installed 3 cubecart shop on my domain, two are runnig as subdomanin without any issue. All depends to GLOBAL CC settings and separated store tables.

I dont know what do you need to make your subdomains web accesible, mY situation: I have to just create a subfolder with as exact name as subdomain i want.