Windows server and DMZ settings

Last night i was setting up a windows webserver ( SBS 2000 ) and it was late so i put the box in the DMZ Zone of my network ( No filewall ) for testing ( i was hoping to be hosting sites on the box soon ) and i forgot to put in back in the network ( out of DMZ ) and boom 2:45am EST it hit. The box was hacked. not a bad thing theres nothing on the box but the server ware but whom ever hack the box took the whole network down with a DoS attack from with in the network. Boom all servers and desktop off line at 3:00am EST. ok thats bad huh. well guess he was not happy with the DoS attack for he busted in to the routers. killed the linksys and cisco routers. When i walked in to the office at 9am est booted my laptop and tryed to login nothen. so i started to look at the uplink stuff on the OC3 line and seen that the linksys box was flashing like it was on drugs. ( not a good thing ) so i tryed a hard reboot and it did not help. so i started to pull the cat 5 cables boom that box affter being unhooked left the router go and all was well. hmm plug it in and the router is on dope again. so i rebooted the sbs box and all was fine then. i had to reprogram the routers but all seems fine now.

So why am i posting this? well to let you all know that windows and DMZ setting dont mix well. DONT DO IT. from 9am - 12pm i worked hard at getting my network back online. all the webserver where offline. 45 people with out service all becuse i left a box in DMZ.

Later

Will